Which art yoyos do people like?

I’ve seen that everyone loves stuff from art but I just haven’t been feeling it. Thought I would ask which throws people like and if they have any comparisons or quick thoughts on them.

3 Likes

Are u into organics? Maybe that’s why u don’t like them

3 Likes

I like organics like the dunk, bapezilla, eins, oxy 4, and some others like that.

Also thought I would mention I was never a fan of the canvas.

1 Like

@yoyojoe, which ones have you tried? i have all save the 420s and the woods, maybe that could steer us in a direction in something better for you to try

1 Like

I haven’t tried any of them yet other than the original canvas.

2 Likes

i haven’t found one i didn’t like. however, if you’re looking for items unique to their line-up, the quail uses an a-sized bearing and is smaller than the grail - which is the more accessible model (aside from the life i’d say). also, the vi ix (69), which was a colab with ost, tends to be an underrated throw of theirs… @Doohan will agree i believe.

the static co. sudo, which seems to be a regular throw of discussion lately, may have some of the character you are looking for… if you haven’t checked it out.

Yeah I tried hard to like the Canvas but bought and sold them more than once.

Meanwhile, the Grail might be my favorite yoyo, period.

I really like the A-RT Grail, Sparrow, and Life in that order. Had a Diptych but it didn’t click with me, maybe because it had too much of that Canvas feel that doesn’t do it for me.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Just picked up a sudo and parlay because everyone has been giving them such great reviews. Might have to look for a sparrow to give it a try.

3 Likes

it took a while for me to find a sparrow, but i enjoy it

1 Like

The Life murders the Parlay IMO.

life is life

2 Likes

The Life felt, oddly enough, lifeless to me. It was as if the soul had been stripped from the Grail in return for a little more spin time and stability.

Copper Parlay is sublime.

3 Likes

Have not been able to try a Grail, but this seems to be the general opinion on comparing the two. Stable is the last word I would use to describe the Parlay. I’m starting to think I got a bum Parlay the way everyone is talking this thing up. Or I have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about, which is entirely possible.

1 Like

Parlay is definitely less stable. I kind of like that about it though. The copper Parlay is a slight bit heavier because of the copper and I feel like that changes the feel slightly. Maybe I just didn’t spend enough time with the Life. I should give it another shot because I love both G2 and AR-t.

The only one ive tried is the 420, and I really enjoy it. It’s a big bind and regen monster that just makes those tricks so much fun. It’s a niche yoyo, but there is some magic to it that keeps it in my favorites case.

Honestly ive tried hard to not want to have to obtain a Grail, but it seems like I inevitably have to try it based on the organic throws I like. I have little interest in the Life, since I have similar enough organics based on my perception of the user feedback to render it a redundant yoyo. I get the feeling that I would like, but not love the rest of their yoyos.

1 Like

Can’t agree more. You know me so well buddy @fatguysnacks247 :kissing_heart:

@yoyojoe Grail is a safe bet, if you plan to get an A-RT, and it is easy to find… But I also love my Sparrow.

1 Like

Got a grail and I’m pleasantly surprised

7 Likes

and a beaut! bravo

1 Like

A-RT doesn’t have anything that is not coveted.

3 Likes

Wow, purple! Nice color, man :+1:

1 Like