Where to get foam?

OK, so I DESPERATELY need to make myself a new yo-yo case, my store bought one is overloaded. I have 2 questions.

1. My case is 12 1/2" by 8 1/2", with a depth of 2". Where can I get foam a little bigger than that (so I can cut it) for a cheap price?

2. Using the Beverchakus method of cutting the foam with a Hunt’s Tomato Paste can, how many yo-yos will I be able to fit in it? I’m looking for around 20.

o o o o o this seems to be the most practical way to cut it but with your size, it will only get around
o o o o 14 or 15
o o o o o

You can get foam at some hobby stores and some arts and craft stores.

To cut them, you could use an exacto knife or something similar and make the yoyos stand up. You can fit more in that way.

No, I’d rather do round holes because it’s easier to make counterweight holes. And it’s also easier to cut accurate holes with a tomato paste can than it is with an exacto knife.

I found my foam at a mattress store. Call up some places that do more than just mattresses (look for speciality in other things with foam) and they might be able to help you out. Thats where i got my foam from, explained to the guy what i needed it for and he just gave it to me for free. :slight_smile:

Wow really? Awesome!

True, but it doesn’t have to be 100% perfect. Also, you can just sit the CW’s in the hole with the yoyo. But if you want round ones, go for it. :wink:

hobby lobby if you have them near you. Fabric stores if you don’t.