Where to find OD side effects?

I’ve got a small but growing collection of One Drop yoyos and I thought it would be “fun” to swap out the side effects with new ones. However, just about every place that sells them seems to be perpetually out of stock, including YYE.

Now I’m no machinist, but these things seem to be pretty darn straightforward to make. I would think that One Drop would be able to produce these suckers by the bucket full and they’d be in stock everywhere with plenty of colors and designs to choose from. After all, they come preinstalled on every new OD yoyo. And there’s so many OD yoyos out there, I’d even expect there to be 3rd party boutique side effects as well – like, I dunno… YYF Hub Stack conversion side effects hint, hint :wink: .

But in reality, the pickings are worse than slim. What’s the deal? Are people hoarding them in the hopes they become a tradable currency in a dystopian future? I just don’t understand the scarcity.

4 Likes

I’d like to know too, cause there are a lot of colors and styles I wish I could get, but as soon as they’re out most of the cool colors like purple are gone.

2 Likes

The One Drop website get the bulk of the restocks I’ve noticed. There was a period where they hadn’t made any (I think because of covid messing up supply chains). But they have been regularly restocking different SE on their site over the past few weeks.
They currently have blue and green UL, Spikes and Flat Caps available. But keep an eye out on their instagram. I think thats where they post the most of the info on drops.

4 Likes

OD has also been supplying other mfgs like RSO and Atmos Projects.

3 Likes

there are currently a few different types of both blue and green SE’s in stock at OD’s website.

1 Like

I’m on the hunt for black domes if anyone has a set they would sell or trade?

1 Like

Brass flat caps

Lol. I would not hold my breath for an OD x YYF collaboration anytime soon.

4 Likes

Never say never. But anyway, that’s why I specifically said 3rd party and not collab. If Chinese machine shops are out there supposedly creating unauthorized and counterfeit yo-yos left and right, then they can make me some hub stack friendly side effects while they’re at it. I’ve already got the CAD files ready. They would be hot sellers. How many can I put you down for?

1 Like

Point taken. Is all that legal?

EDIT: … and put me down for zero. I sold all my OD yo-yo’s and extensive collection of SE’s (yes black domes, spikes, ultra-lights, lego, orange, purple, blue, green, etc and all the brass I could get with the vaunted side-effect pegs) years ago.