Where on the YYE checklist would you put finger spin?

I’m guessing advanced? It’s time for a new trick but I don’t want to get ahead of myself.

1 Like

I agree with you

1 Like

I learned finger spins before a lot of things. I’m actually just now starting to learn more 1a stuff. It’s not that bad if you have a decent fingerspin yoyo to learn on. I used a wedge. Just gotta put time into it. For me the hardest part was the bind. If you really wanna learn go for it I wouldn’t let a list stop you :upside_down_face: good luck!

2 Likes

That sounds about right. If you can do UFOs it comes pretty easy. It was one of the first tricks I got down on unresponsive. Still my favorite trick to show people that dont yoyo.

2 Likes

Hardest thing about it is probably binding - but it’s not like a really technical trick that’s super difficult. I’d say go for it if you know how to throw and bind.

1 Like

I would also play around with the two different ways to throw it not sure if they have names but I’m gonna classify then by the bind. For me I’m much better at the one where you throw the yoyo like normal horizontal doesn’t use the laceration bind. I’d say the laceration bind one is easier to land the finger spin but I can’t hit that bind foe the life of me so I stick to the other one. Plus it looks alot flashier to do like a horizontal pinwheel into the finger spin

Expert for sure. MAYBE advanced part 2

You can do a horizontal pinwheel into a fingerspin from a front throw too and this is what I do and would call the “proper” way to initially learn fingerspins.

I’m not sure which bind you’re using(there’s 2 basic binds from a horizontal breakaway) but Many people assume you should start a fingerspin with a horizontal breakaway but it’s actually supposed to be a lot easier and natural to do it from a horizontal front throw and just do a laceration bind.

See this by the greatest fingerspin player of all time :

1 Like

Wait how do you do a horizontal pin wheel that way

Woah that looks weird. Time to get out of bed at 3 am and do some fingers pins

Edit: it’s weird and I don’t like it but Ill still learn it probably. Didn’t hit it and it felt weird :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Looks pretty good to me :joy:

Where’d you learn fingerspins from? Most people do it and teach it from a front throw(including the man that created the trick).

If you’re asking me then I watched a couple different videos I first learned how to land it from a front style but I was having a hard time with the bind so I practiced the other way once I knew how to catch it and balance it. Also maybe jumping out of bed at 3am to try a new fingerspin with a pop star wasn’t the best way to try it out lol

1 Like

That’s how I do it. Throw it like a frisbee.

1 Like