Where did you learn?

I was kidnapped by ninjas, and taken to Japan, where Hiroyuki Suzuki saved me and made me his prodigy.

Or at least that’s how I remember it when I went on to YoYoExpert.com for the first time.

Not prodigy; protégé. A prodigy is someone who is often very good at something from a very young age, a protégé is someones apprentice, often becoming the successor to the master.

1 Like

Right here in the Learn section.

1 Like

Well, interesting story. I’ll cut out the bulk, nobody cares.

When I was given a yoyo as a child(gee, didn’t we all?) back in 1977, my parents gave me about a half second lesson on how to throw it and that was it. It wasn’t enough. Anyone reading my stuff knows about how this didn’t go well.

Anyhow, so if we fast forward “for reals” to 2011, it depends how you want to look at it. I did some research online, and combined with that and I think the package insert on the Duncan Reflex I got is what got me started with the basic throw.

After that, it’s a mix of places. YYE, Rethink YoYo, HighSpeedYoYo, The Master of Yo, YYN, Duncan, Yomega, even other store sites(3 of which I won’t mention since they are direct competitors to YYE, but most of us know of them) and other locations.

I get what I need to via different sources. Whatever gets me the information I’m looking for, that’s what I go with. Often it’s a mix of 2 or more sites.

I got my start here! Then youtubes.

YoHans taught me to throw back in the 90’s with the Proyo Vid-E-Yo.

random youtube vids and this site :stuck_out_tongue: