where can i get an axle for the shinwoo dolphin

please help me i dont know where to get one

I have no experiences with Shinwoo
But have you tested out your other axles?
If so

a CLYW Axle may fit
or a Yoyofactory Axle
Or that or you could just get the axle measurements and go to your local hardware store and purchase a Axle and then cut off the excess.

Take it to the hardware store and see what fits. Look for set screws 1/2 to 3/4 inches long. If it’s an ANSI thread thread it’s probably a 6x32 or an 8x32. If it’s metric a 4 mm x 7 mm is probably a good start to try.

Now I’m not a 100% sure how shinwoo sets their gap size with the axle, but to me it almost looks like that flat part(non threaded part) of the axle is what’s actually spacing the gap for the throw. Now if that’s the case your most likely going to have to contact shinwoo for a replacement.

If it does in fact have tapped halves to wear the axle will only go so far through the yo’s half before stopping then you should have no problem following jhb8426’s or Cream9000’s advice and just bring it to the hardware store.

Unfortunately I have yet to acquire anything from the shinwoo line with this style of axle, so I can’t be certain how its’ guts work. Good luck to you!

The bearing/bearing seat is what sets the gap. The unthreaded section really doesn’t play a part in it. The axle points protrude from the shell as shown in the pic below, so tapped length is not a limiting factor. You could shape your own points if you like.

Thanks for the insight jhb, yea I was simple trying to determine it’s design solely through photos online. I had a feeling it was tapped but in a few photos I thought I noticed the flat section of the axle to be a larger diameter then threaded part. So I was thinking it was possible they used that for setting the gap width. Just goes to show what I know :wink:

I’ll bet now people are going to be looking to pick up Dolphins for hubstacking mods.

BTW, does YYF sell the stack posts? They should include those with the kits. If they do, they aren’t shown in the pictures or product descriptions.

I’m not too far ahead of you. :wink: