2009 Sleipnir Axel

Can someone point me in the direction on where to get a 2009 Sleipnir Axel or one that will fit.

Seems to be an odd size. Short and fat.

Will a short CLYW work?

The reference thread here on YYE doesn’t have a size for YYR throws but if you take it to the hardware aisle of the local farm/fleet store they’ll have a thread gauge. They might even have an axle there, it’s just an Allen set screw. The most common thread size is m4x.7mm.

Ivan

3 Likes

@craZivn it doesn’t look normal to me. The yyf multi tool is too small to remove it. I have to use an Allen key

1 Like

It’s normal, may not be in the yoyo world but it will be at the hardware store most likely. The cost would be too high to have to produce a proprietary axle for every yoyo shipped.

1 Like

I will go check out home depot see if I can find one.

I would check out an ACE or a True Value first, Home Depot is hit of miss with fasteners, and what they do have are typically sealed in cellophane. Real traditional hardware stores have fasteners loose and usually a person who manages them. Metric and Imperial set screws are in the plenty and only a few cents each out of the bulk containers.

6 Likes

As long as they have a thread gauge wherever he goes, he should be fine as long as his existing axle is available to test the threads. I agree that a dedicated hardware store is going to have a better selection but I know my local HD does carry the m4 axles so they should have the small Imperial sizes as well.

A traditional hardware store will likely be cheaper though, the stuff that’s individually bagged tends to cost more than bulk hardware.

Ivan

3 Likes

Pretty sure its just m5

2 Likes