Need proper manatee Axle

I got a manatee but the Axel it came with is too short (not the correct one. I bought a long clyw Axel but it doesn’t fit. Can anyone help?

1 Like

I think CLYW only has two axel sizes large and small. They are custom fit similar to their pads

1 Like

Maybe I should try ordering a small and see if that fits. The one in my manatee may not be a Clyw

Do you know the mm on the axel you purchased I can try and compare the axel size on mine

1 Like

I have no idea but it’s shorter than the akita and they should be the same size

Maybe this will help my manatee axle is on the left Akita on the right

2 Likes

If you have a file you can shorten that by a mm pretty easily, I’ve done that a few times.

2 Likes

The axle in the Manatee is 4mm/10mm. The longer axle is 16mm and could never work🙀

I don’t remember the pitch at the moment🤔

But a 10mm axle is very very close to the length of a stack of 6 quarters.

6 Likes

You could cut it to size or file a bit off. In either case be sure to smooth the end you work on. You will need to buy a couple of nuts to jam together to hold it in a vice to work on it.

2 Likes

If you need a 10mm axle like doc said, send me your addy and I’ll send you some

I bought A hundred m4 x 10mm axles to replace the stainless axles in my peak 2 to black (preference)

2 Likes

Yeah - as other mentioned it takes the shorter axle which is m4 x 10mm.

In the future always feel free to message us too and we can help make sure you are getting the right one! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks man, I will for sure

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.