Where are all the chileheads at?

Oh, good to know. I always heard there were oils in the skin (not just seeds) to worry about, but I guess that was an old wives’ tale. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

There is capsaicin oil in the flesh, but it is always contained until the pepper is sliced open or punctured. There also isn’t any capsaicin in the seeds, just on them from being attached to the oily placenta.

1 Like

Learning something new every day!

3 Likes

I’m always trying to do the same. No matter how much you may know, there is always more for you to learn, and that’s a big part of what makes life beautiful.

2 Likes

First ripe RB003 pod.

A whole lot of pain just waiting to happen.

BMM, BOM, and BBM.

Sampling some of my Golden Reaper and Dragon’s Breath. :fire:

4 Likes

It hurts me just looking at it. And I like spicy heat.

I kinda hurt myself sampling those peppers on an empty stomach last night. Good thing it was right before dinner, though.

And yes, I added more diced bits to my meal. I’m a glutton for punishment.

2 Likes

Just acquired some MA Warthog seeds for 2025. There is a lot of hype about this super hot right now, and I’m really looking forward to seeing what pops next year.
:radioactive: :radioactive: :radioactive:

2 Likes

Those peppers look plain evil.

4 Likes

I know they need to be hot in flavour, but why do they have to be so darn ugly. It’s a powerful warning sign.

3 Likes

Man these all look awesome I used to have such an amazing garden at my old place. Now the HOA gets mad about it so I have to simmer it down a bunch. I should do a cool pepper next season

2 Likes

They look ugly and mean so mammals know to leave them alone. I’m just not smart enough to get the message. :rofl:

4 Likes

Peach Moruga

Dragon’s Breath

7 Pot Primo

Big Mustard Mama

Luna on pepper plant guard duty.

4 Likes

The inside of an immaculate BMM pod.

Many months of work went into making this full jar of dried pods. :fire:

4 Likes

Looks like pain to me. :rofl:

1 Like

This thread is spicy

1 Like

Oh it’s A LOT of pain just waiting to happen. Each piece in that jar is 1/4 of a whole pepper, and there are a good 50-60 pods worth in there.

When I make flakes/powder out of my dried pods, I only use about 1/8th teaspoon at a time. That on a slice of a pizza is enough for a really good burn. Anyone who has tried my peppers knows that they aren’t meant for rookies. I throw heat for real.

2 Likes

Anyone here make their own sauces? I’ve been messing around with Guajillo and Arbol peppers trying out new veggies to throw in and am curious if people have recommendations.

I know someone who likes to make hot sauce out of his peppers, but I’m not even sure if he is on the YYE forum these says. I will send him a link to your comment and find out.

Are the peppers fresh or are they dried? Process of making a sauce can differ depending on the answer here. Both are very mild peppers. Depending on your heat tolerance I would recommend adding some serrano. Maybe habanero Even.

1 Like