When showing off some tricks, does anyone do this

I tend to start explaining… this is a trapeze, this is the trap bro…now we can do a DON.

This is a wrist mount, here it is again, another way to do this, here’s a trick from it…

What’s wrong with me? I find it easier to explain what I am doing, tell the viewer the names of things instead of just doing the trick. Need to “educate”?

Often people have no clue what they have witnessed, some will like, some won’t care, and some will wonder where you found the time for an unproductive activity :wink:

5 Likes

I like yoyoing, so for me that would be nice and educative. If I didnt care, and you were close to me, I would just say: ‘man… Just show me your best’ and finally, if you werent close: I would just watch while you explain. Hahahah

1 Like

You’re right. It’s like playing piano, and saying “here comes the A minor chord,”

3 Likes

haha…yes and I proceed to flub everything I’m trying to show and explain. Usually to a coworker trying to tell them to get their kid a yoyo.

3 Likes

If I’m watching someone do something unfamiliar, I’m all for explanations like this. I want to hear that it’s an A chord, and why that chord then. This helps me appreciate it, even if I don’t follow all the terminology.
Then again, I’m a teacher, and so maybe wired for explanation.

3 Likes

I like it. It’s like saying, “Jordan” when taking a 3 pointer.

1 Like