Had my first "yo-yo performance" and...

yea, i had a family gathering the other day…and i had prepared a small little routine to show off my yoyo skills…aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand no one seemed to really care! haha i was worried about messin up tricks and turns out no one would have even noticed lol i need yoyo friends. This has definitely become a SELF gratifying hobby because no matter how cool the trick…to everyone around me…it’s still “just a yoyo”

Same thing happened to me.

Well, you can let them borrow your yoyo and let them how hard the tricks actually are.

If you get better and better they’ll probably be impressed.

I would also do this as people at my school made fun of me for yoyoing and paying 100$ for a yoyo so then i gave them a yoyo to try out for like ten minutes they couldnt do anything with my northstar and…I never hav goten mad fun of again.

I get a lot of people telling me I should compete or should do a show but I really don’t know quite enough tricks yet but I’m getting there… It’s always nice to hear that they know what I’m doing isn’t something you can just up and do in a day or two though.

People always tell me that also. :smiley:
It makes me want to learn more.

Happens to me all the time. You have to do the more crowd pleasing tricks like Cowboy or something like that. They’ll like that better than the tech ones.

Same here. These crowds just don’t understand the beauty of technical tricks. Sometimes I feel they’re morons that only want to see “cool” tricks like boingy boing or eli hops instead of soiled panties or mcbride roller coaster.

It’s the complete opposite for me. The first time I went to a family meeting they saw me yoyoing and they were amazed :slight_smile:

I think the mcbride roller coaster is a cool trick. And so do a lot of innocent bystanders. The unwashed like to see a lot of big movement along with catches and all. And no, they really don’t get the stuff that’s mostly centered on intricate finger movement type tricks.

While I wait for the bus I do brain twister and dizzy baby a lot and people around me are always amazed. Feels really cool ha because I’m a noob only been at it for less than 3 weeks and I’ve already stripped the axle of my metal drifter. I’ve learned my lesson.

That’s the kind of thing a lot of non-yoyo people like. Time warp warp drive and reach for the moon are also good.

Yeah, by my experience, non yoyo people wont understand any tech trick.
my friend tell me that they had headache everytime they see me do any tech trick. . .

Ending in triangles is always a nice simple ending to any trick 8)

well, the issue is “family”, no matter what you do, the family is never the best support you can get

at least to me and obviously to you ^^

I get alot of response when I play in public (I play everywhere I go), yesterday I was in line at the supermarket, it was a long line and some kids were whining, so I pulled out the yoyo and helped them go through it, the kids and parents did appreciate ;D

yea…it’s weird how most people love the simple stuff…not like i did anything overly complicated but i did stuff like cold fusion, buddhas revenge…white buddha and stuff like that. I woman at work asked me to show her a trick…so after doin a matrix/kwijibo/buddhas revenge/eli hops combo she asked the question “can u walk the dog?” and only then did she applaud…and then the same day i was standing at work just mindlessly doing rock the baby and a woman i work with says “wow…that’s impressive!” yet…she has seen me do plenty of other tricks and never seemed impressed. Im even giving her son yoyo lessons!! haha

If you want to look real impressive, try offstring. I bet no one has thought that a yoyo can go that high. :wink:

True.
5A works well too.