When in Saigon, sweat it out

Left Vietnam. I’m currently in Hong Kong international airport waiting for my 12 hour connecting flight to San Francisco. My Rhino tool freaked out security screeners in Saigon but it was also with a YYF multi-tool, YYF loop 900/1080 key and a bearing puller. My Sophia causes similar issue when transferring in Hong Kong due to the metal bearing tip. At no time have my bottles of Yyj thin and thick lube raised any concerns and they weren’t packed and kept separate using 3-1-1 rules. I feel it’s safe to say carrying bearing lube is safe.

Might bust out the Spyy Amplifier in a bit to kill time here in Hong Kong.

Hahaha pocket knife is ok, but OMG a bearing remover, UNACCEPTABLE

I think they put “XP” because it looks like a face laughing hard with its tongue out, probably laughing at how cruddy the yoyo plays.

Ah, back home.

After the security screenings and the layover in Hong Kong,the flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco was 12 hours of endurance. I barely slept on the plane, so I’m gonna be testy for a bit, but I’ll manage.

Customs in SF was simple, they pretty much waved us through. Rides arrived 20 minutes later, we loaded up and I drove my vehicle home(it was driven to the airport by my brother in law’s wife). About 100 minutes later, we were home.

The only thing that made me mad was Customs decided not to let anyone out until 8AM and we landed 30 minutes earlier than scheduled, but even as scheduled was still before 8AM. Fortunately, a 747 has 2 exits: One for first class/far side, the other for economy/near side, so unloading went quick. Wait, there was one other thing: I really wish people would LEAVE luggage, checked items and other stuff on the carousel instead of randomly taking it off. It took a good long while after being “Checked back in” to find our stuff. In the end, we did. For those of you who travel, label your stuff and mark it distinctly!!

Now, to try to get back the money lost on this trip so I can repair or replace those amp units and see what business I can re-claim. I mean, I may only work 4-8 days a month, but I work darn hard to get those days, and many of those days are anywhere from $5K to $9K/days! Having your PA’s coverage capacity knocked in half is a butt-kicker. While what I still have covers 1000 peeps no problem, once I hit that number, I like to go WFO and pull out the whole thing!

Screw skill toys today. Airplane food was gross. I need to get some food, water, use my out facilities and reset my circadian rhythm.