When in Saigon, sweat it out

I would love to travel to Vietnam! There so much to see, learn, and experience in the world. I wish the opportunity wasn’t wasted on you studio. :-[ I hope you can enjoy something.

Why do I dislike this trip? I need the money to replace 2 units that cost $4k each. This trip is costing me $10k and with the down gear, this trip will lose me $100k in jobs I can’t take due to down capacity. Until these boxes are repaired or replaced, my good paying sound gigs have to cancel since I can’t meet capacity.

I am also 100% self employed and I am losing out on paying jobs for this trip. My wife fails to understand how my work comes in on its own schedule. I don’t work normal jobs or normal hours.

Second the trip is full of hidden agenda and with the intent of angering people. One side of my wife’s family is lazy and greedy and we are there to crap on some death anniversary plans and lay down the law on people who won’t respect things.

Wring time, wrong reason and throwing me into debt I can’t handle for useless purposes.

I also am having my every movement controlled. I don’t know the language so I must overly rely on my wife.

You want the full story? You simply can’t handle it. Even now your brain is trying to not explode. This only shows the tip of a much larger story that 1% of would destroy the server this forum exists on.

Complexity for no reason. More plot twists than a daytime soap opera. A cast of thousands, apparently all union.

And so I yoyo to forget until I forget why I yoyo. Lets just say I’m gonna need a lot more strings!

That rant made me LOL. Thanks, Chris. :slight_smile:

Travel is overrated. Especially to destinations not of your choosing at a time not of your choosing. I feel lucky that I’ve traveled enough to be able to say that (not everyone gets the opportunity) and I’m grateful for the variety of things I’ve seen.

But that kind of travel? Who cares if you’re in a supposedly exotic place. Still sucks. I have to go to Vegas next week… people are like, “Dude, it’s VEGAS! What do you mean ‘have to’… If you can’t find fun there, blah blah blah…”. I do not want to go to Vegas. I want to be at home.

Anyhow, thanks again for the laugh!

I’ve been to Vietnam nearly 11 years ago with my Vietnamese wife after we got married. I was there for 3 weeks. We got stuck in the Philipines for 3 days because or original flight from SFO to Manilla was late due to “the engine falling off” and the flight from Manilla to Saigon only goes Two days a week then. Upon arrival, you can feel the humidity creep up on you until you exit the airport and I was greeted like a rock star with all the screaming and yelling. Then the traffic. You see that crazy traffic in movies, right? Let me say its 100% real! The rest of the trip was fine except for the heat and humidity. I think after recovering from traffic making my head spin, the only negative was the smell from incense burning in the various Buddhist temples we visited. Most I could not go inside to really appreciate because I cannot be around burning incense. Saw lots of amazing sights too, most being historic ancient tomb complexes and similar type locations, including the old Citadel that became famous in the USA due to the role it played for the US Marines after the Tet offensive. Ah, my pre-yoyo days!

My last full day in Saigon. I will be unable to go to TheGioiYoyo today because I’ve been told its too far away. I have been promised on my next trip I can go to any and all yoyo stores so maybe next year I can make it. So disappointed!

Not sure what the day holds. I think I need to throw my love joy a bit. I’ve been throwing my new H3X a lot with TypeX string and the new Terrapin X 10 ball steel wing cut bearing. Oh my what an awesome configuration! The Loop360s I got from YoyoAccessory are great new player 2a intro models, a real must get in my opinion. Like other YYF loopers they require a bit more aggressive play style.

Tomorrow I head to Hue. No Internet and maybe no telephone either. I think my wife is going to get an inexpensive pre-paid cell phone for communications. No sights to be able to see. I want to see the old Citadel again. But no. Our task in Hue is to go old Skool mafia-style on some jerks. I will be confronting an uncle who has been spreading lies about me leaving my wife and divorcing her by knocking him the &&@# out and thus assuring and proving to the rotten side of the family that one does not mess with me and expect to get away with it. On the plus side, the sacrificial victim chose himself through lies. Fortunately he’s also the kingpin so once he drops the rest will fall in line. This should end a generation of stupidity and restore the family to its proper place.

I got loads of string and plenty of YoYos to keep my mind off how darn hot it is. This Type X isn’t cutting my fingers up! I have Slick6 for my loopers and cotton for the wood axles. I get yoyo meditation is my only salvation.

So looking forward to going home!

Hey studio,

No, no, no, no, no, no! Remember these few words when your family makes plans to go again. Oh and here’s few more, “Goodbye, enjoy.” You could survive a week or two on your own, right? :smiley:

1 Like

Listen to this guy right here :smiley:

Pho is great an all but how’s the Bahn Mi?

I had Bahn Mi for the first time in sandwich form. It was at this place the Wooden Spoon in Brighton MI. Expensive but so good. From the first to the last bite I was in foodie heaven.

I did. I was threatened with divorce.

Yeah it’s like that in my house. My wife is an emotional bully.

" You want the full story? You simply can’t handle it. Even now your brain is trying to not explode. This only shows the tip of a much larger story that 1% of would destroy the server this forum exists on."

You have no idea how much i can completely and utterly relate to that statement you just made… Lol. I hope everything works out for the both of us brochacho. Peace, love, and Good vibes sent your way Studio.

• Sammy

I wonder what it would look like for a grown man to ask his wife “can we go to a yoyo store? I wanna go to a yoyo store” even I get embarrassed when I have to ask my dad that I need a yoyo. Lol the art of not giving two craps.

There is a banh mi place near my house called “Bun Me”. It is so crazy good.

Grilled steak banh mi
Crispy spring rolls with fish sauce
Shrimp chips with hoisin & sriracha
Boba milk tea

One of my favorite meals.

Bhan xeo is good too. You got to try it. Vietnamese summer rolls are great too, but I don’t know how to spell it in Vietnamese. Bhan canh is also a great bowl of noodles to try. Oh and can’t forget bun thit noung, which is rice noodles.

Heh, well you’re at the difficult age where you still give some craps. Me, I don’t have any craps left to give. :slight_smile: I would ask my wife for sure if we could go to a yoyo store, assuming I was ever in a place that had one.

Went to the toy store today by chance, and I just straight-up asked if they had any kendamas or yoyos. They had a novelty kendama that I passed on, and a couple of bad yoyos. Yomega Wing XP Brain and a Pulse. Also had a Duncan Bumblebee, but I wasn’t paying $30 for it.

Yeah same here. I’m almost 30. Got no one to impress. I tell my wife it’s either play with yoyos or get drunk at a bar.

You’re missing out on $100k worth of jobs cuz of this trip? You need to replace two units (~$8k). AND this trip has thrown you into debt… but you can still taxi around and buy yoyo’s. Me thinks you’re making it out to be worse than it really is.

Skyhigh, you need to review all Studios’ information.

1. His wife is an Emotional bully.

2. They were taking a two week trip to Vietnam so she could get slap happy and intimidate her Lazy, Greedy side of the family.

3. Her Uncle is the worst. He has been lying about Studio leaving his wife.

4. Studio knows the Uncle is the Ringleader of the greedylazyfools. So Studio has to 'go Gangsta, Mafia style and Knock out the Uncle. Then the rest of the lazyGreedyfamily members will fall in line.

5. Everybody knows it is common practice to spend 10 grand to go to the other side of the World to Beat up Relatives.

6. Once he has the Clan beat down, he can Beam back up to the Starship Enterprise and get some Dylithium Crystals to rebuild those Sound Boxes. And then he can get the Sound Gig for the Jimi Hendrix Comeback tour and make back that 100kaaaaaaay, Booyah!

Not sure if I missed the Showdown but I got 20 on the Uncle, Tap out from an Arm Bar in the 3rd.

2 Likes

Is that in Minneapolis? I live in Minneapolis and I’ve been there a few times. Bun Mi is awesome and the owners are awesome too. They have the best fries in town and best Bahn Mi. One time they were out of bread so they gave my brother and I free wraps! Another time he gave me free fries, because he just wanted me to try them. Amazing service.

If you’re talking about “Bun Me” in California, I’ve not been there. Funny there are so many Vietnamese places out there named so similarly.

Thank you. Yoyo doc, for translating my verbal eloquence into the common vernacular for me!

I have returned from sweating in Hue and am back in Saigon again. Gonna keep it short as I gotta repackage to scoot back home.

Laid the smack down but The Uncle wussed out and was a no show. However he had to take a but bite of the doo-doo Sammy when his web of lies exploded in grand fashion, causing his final fall into disgrace. We took a Cleveland steamer on the parade!

Yoyo progress:
1a: magic Drop coming together. Really liking the Hex. Review after I get home.
2a: no real progress
3a: yeah, right. I don’t do 3a yet
4a: pops, l/r pops, over whip, and one handed bind whip. Underwhip is not easy yet.
5a: no progress
Wood: didn’t even throw them.

Gotta contact something about issues with my jet set. Small stuff, but this is my favorite 4a now.
Response in my Fiesta Xx is pulling out. I will silicone it
My son may have issues with his Firsta Xx, he also seems to like the Go Big better. I will get him a go big and if I can’t secure the solid spin axle into his current fiesta xx, will get him another. Also going to order myself another fiesta xx and go big in red soon.

Will be unable to go to TheGioiYoyo, scheduling just won’t permit this time.

Anyhow, gotta pack. I hit the airport in13 hours to return home. Nearly 17 air hours, plus advance check in and layover in HongKong. Once I land in San Francisco, I expect to clear customs in 2 hours. I expect my ground transportation to get me around 10:30 am and then a 2 hour drive back to Sacramento area and home.

I’m not going to spout off about Hue other than I got cool shots of big orb weaver spiders, saw loads of house geckos and too many stupid giant beetles and nasty aggressive flies and mosquitoes. I was between a brackish river area and the ocean. All I really cared about was leaving, and we made it on time to the airport to get back to Saigon. Since we had to fly in and out of Da Nang, that can be up to 2.5 hours of ground travel.

#4 made me ROTFL!!!