When in Saigon, sweat it out

Pho in the states taste a lot better. Just a bit domesticated I guess. They eat it for breakfast over there. Over here we normally eat it as lunch or dinner. I can’t eat hot noodles for breakfast, I’m a two eggs, 2 bacon and two hot cakes type of guy.

I don’t want pics of you! lol Just of the sights and such.

Ain’t wasting time posting pics of sites, sights and scenes. Why? I don’t take them!

Pho is SOO good, even in the states

Pho is good here. It really depends a lot on the soup base because that’s where this dish lives or dies. The rest is kind of hard to mess up. I’ve had it range from good to bad here in Vietnam and around where I live(Sacramento area) and in the Westminster and Garden Grove areas during my Disneyland trips. Usually for me it’s bad when they make it too spicy because I’m not good with “heat”.

I couldn’t make it to the local merchant yesterday so I’m going today. A lot of effort for a small return!

ấy nick forum of bạn là gì/ your forum nickname?

Dude, take some pictures. Take pictures of the yo-yo shops too.

There’s really nothing to shoot for the stores. However what’s done is done.

I hit the accessory of yoyo store today. I got 4 loop360’s: 2 black for my kid and a blue and green for myself. My kid also got a PGM. I let the guy try my Jet Set and Fiesta xx. It’s was hard to find the place and it was super uncomfortable thanks to the heat and humidity. The guy there is using the Hayabusa with mod rings for his own 4a set up.

I’ve been informed now “no more yoyo shops” so I guess I’m done. Honestly there’s not much I want that I can’t get here. I think the YYF Proton and the DIBase2 come to mind. The DiBase2 I might push for. The packaging there for C3 is a brown box with gold borders and I think it had a window. However I do have a space shortage to deal with and honestly if I carry more my bags are gonna burst!

Note: even new rubber rings for YYF throws rot on new YoYos due to the weather and humidity here. All I can say is that this merely presents a barrier for people to buy into YYF stacked YoYos because the rings rot away. It might be time to find a different material or method of retention.

Now I have my ground forces looking for wood spin tops! This may be difficult to find!

ấy nick forum of bạn là gì/ your forum nickname?
[/quote]
My forum nickname is Studio42

I had my Studio42 hat on. That and a couple of pins and buttons for my company on my yoyo bags and my silicone wrist band are really my only identifying items.

are you vnmese

sorry. I am a Vietnam.I do not like what you said about Vietnam.You might be surprised if the Tao Dan Park.Or visit our forum: yoyovietnam.com

Have you contact Thuần (Koma Satomi) and visited his store Thế Giới Yoyo?

If you don’t like what I have to say, don’t read.

I’ve been trying to find meets for 6 weeks. I don’t have the scheduling for it now. I leave for Hue in a day, then back to Saigon for final packing and leaving for home.

Perhaps a future trip.

I’ve also left out the bad stuff of my trip. And trust me, it’s way bad

My only solace has been my trip to a yoyo store today and what time I’m allowed with skill toys.

Sorry to offend. Wear a helmet, it’s a rough world out there!

There are 4 locations. The one in Vũng Tàu was not good but they guy there was super nice. I may be able to stop by the one in Đà Nẵng since I fly in there from Saigon but that’s unlikely. Hà Nội is not an option.

Yes in Vũng Tàu on Monday. I’m not being allowed to go to the HCM location due to where it is. Apparently it’s too far away or something like that but if you were to stop and consider what I’ve spent on taxi rides, I haven’t accepted that as an excuse. Will it be worth the trip? All I want is a kamui light and those are out of stock. I can’t call because I don’t speak your language and my wife who is Vietnamese wont call for me. My cousin is also vietnamese(I’m staying where he lives in Saigon right now) but there’s too much language gap since his English is about as prolific as my vietnamese(as in non-existent)

Tomorrow is my last full day in Saigon where I could move around. I’ll see what they have on their site

All I will say is for the accessory of yoyo store(getting around store names), the guy there was so nice it was worth the trip down the alley. Too bad he didn’t live on the main street so as to get better traffic.

So tell me what you can about Thế Giới Yoyo in HCM quickly. I’m gonna check web site inventory to see if I should come out. Please hurry!

It’s the very first, biggest and authorized yoyo store of Vietnam, since 2011. Yoyoaccessory was just founded last year to the best of my knowledge, currently holding a wide range of yoyos from 14 brands and yoyo accessories.
Contact them:(08) 3512 5567 (HCM)

Address: 430/26A Điện Biên Phủ, phường 17, quận Bình Thạnh, TP. HCM

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thegioiyoyo?fref=ts

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226500_522546127788721_794097721_n.jpg

1 Like

Anh bouken à

I have the site and address for that shop. If the shop offers better selection than the web site it might be worth the trip. I’m mostly looking for a DiBase2 and an Ashiru Kamui Lite. I just need to convince my wife to let me go. Plus I need her and a cousin to help me talk out there

The odds are against me but I am trying. Maybe tomorrow morning like after 10am

It’s somewhat hard to know what you have to say without reading what you’re writing, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

I find it weird that you dislike Vietnam so much. Several friends of mine have been there, and they all had really just positive things to say

Dislike for something is usually caused by a dislike of something else that holds common ground with the other.