What's your WPM?

I think its like knowing two languages. There might be sometimes when you start typing in the other keyboard when its not that keyboard (In my case, I’m typing on a college computer that doesn’t have dvorak or doesn’t let you change the keyboard settings and I start to type in Dvorak. Not the other way around, where I’m typing on my keyboard then start typing QWERTY).

Like being bilingual, there will be one keyboard setting that you will be more accustomed to and feel more comfortable typing in, but you can always change that by typing the other one more. Dvorak is now my dominant keyboard setting. Plus, I can keep people from using my computer when I don’t want them to ;D

-Swilly

1 Like

42.06 WPM, 97.74% accuracy. According to the test it was mostly ordering issues.

The funny thing with Dvorak for me is that I have one computer running Lubuntu and set it up with Dvorak as the standard typing format for it. I can switch back and forth between Dvorak and Qwerty in the GUI but when I run terminal or boot into CLI it is Dvorak. Because of all of that my fingers are used to typing Linux commands in Dvorak. When I use my brother’s computer I always have to remind myself that his terminal uses Qwerty or else I start typing commands in Dvorak.

Thanks. I’ve heard of people using CAPS Lock to switch back and forth between Dvorak and QWERTY on Ubuntu, wonder how they did that.

Edit: Figured it out,
System → Preferences → Keyboard → Layouts → Add… → USA Dvorak
Options → Key(s) to change layout
Check Caps Lock