What's your story?

Christmastime of '08, my abacus tutor gave me a plastic yoyo. Lights, automatic response, modern shape, that kind. I researched some tricks for it, and then soon realized a modern yoyo doesn’t work. Then, I got a throw monkey around New Year, then got a Flying Panda for offstring and my birthday. Kept going, got DM in april, a M1 in September, knew more of what I wanted, got a Genesis this christmas.

i yoyo way back when im a kid, but then i just stop because theres nobody do yoyo near me, and some of my friend think it was just a boring toys.
when i was a teenager, i stuck on videogame, have fun with it, except that i was so alone playing games in fornt of my tv, being a hero in game world didnt do any good for me in the real life, so i stop. beside, a ps3 is cost too much to me to afford.
than about november 2008, i accidently saw Oke Rosgana pomoting a blazing teens yoyo on some mall in bogor, and i just hooked. its amazing. i search info over it, buy some yoyo (back then a 5000 idr - about $5 yoyo just a "heck thats an expensive toy, but im just buying it) and meet some friend that do yoyo. gather on their meet, learning some trick up until now.
and it is fun.
now im just yoyo about everywhere i can or want, when waiting a train, an my campus, and just ignore everybody that call me not cool or even related me to autism. i can still amaze them with some trick (its fun to see their face when i complete a combo, they like ???) ;D
im glad that i start this.

oh, after i found out that Yo-In (Yoyo Indonesia. a main and oldest yoyo club in Indonesia) was started on 2005, i just like “where did i go all those year, if ive been yoyo for 5 years, i will be like that good”.

It was last year…
I saw my friends at school, they all yoyo…
And I saw my friend at english course and he yoyo…
I was curious…
And trying to buy one…
At my birthday, I bought a yoyo… It was Blazing Teen Yoyo…
And I start to practice more…
At school… One of my friend showed me and he told me that double or nothing was master and really hard…
And I believe him (LOL)…
But my other friend showed me McBride Roller Coaster and I ask what’s that trick.
So he told me to search on the internet…
I found many tricks and found YYE…
From there I’m stuck with these yoyo and I’m happy with it…

OK, here’s my story copy and pasted from YYN.

Hey guys. Just found this forum. I never even realized there were yoyo forums. I have played around with yoyos since I was a kid, but never really got “into it” seriously.

I am a CNC machinist who makes motorcycle parts, and I typically hang out on a couple motorcycle forums includeing my own. My migration to this site is partially due to my youngest son.

My 14 year old son wanted a YoYo for Christmas, and since he has never really had one, and money was a bit tight, we got him a couple cheap Duncan Butterfly YoYos. Well, he was pretty pleased and content with that, but since Christmas, he found a website that has step-by-step how-to videos that teach YoYo tricks. He has been learning quite a bit, and has snapping 3 strings since Christmas. He’s getting pretty good pretty quick, but has realized he is very limited with the cheap Duncan YoYo. I didn’t even realize until a couple days ago that they were makeing yoyos with ball bearing axles. (yeah, I said I was the idiot new guy didn’t I?) We quickly found that these run about $30 on up to over $100. As I said, money is pretty tight, so that is just out of the question. So out of strings, and a bit sad, my son ordered a pack of 100 YoYo strings today to feed his new addiction as best as he could. And I got to feeling a bit bad for him as he’s found something he is really enjoying, but without a better YoYo he has kind of reached a plateau.

So today, I stopped making motorcycle parts for a day, and set up shop to make my first 2 custom one-off T6-Billet Aluminum ball bearing axle YoYos. Spent all day researching performance YoYos, designing, programming, and manufacturing 2 YoYos, that I have named “The Impaler”. I have to say, I am quite happy with the results of my work, and Tony seems to be pretty happy too. So I figured I’d share a few pics of the finished product. I suck at taking pics, so forgive the focus.

And for what it’s worth, I guess I didn’t do enough research, because all the info I am reading about YoYos here is in metric, and I did everything standard. So the ones I made are 2.25 inches in diameter with a 1/8" gap. The bearing is 3/8" OD, and the total weight of the YoYo is 2.12 ounces. The axle is stainless 10-24 theaded rod, and both halves are threaded with aircraft grade locking 10-24 helicoil inserts to prevent stripping or gauling.

TV lol, watched a yoyo contest and thought that yoyos were crazy fun and cool.

Now that’s a truly good gift. One from the heart and mind.

I was watching the lovely tele and my brother came back from a party and he got a Duncan imperial like yoyo minus the itty bitty bearing. I tried to play with it but he was trying it fist but when he left i used it and then i started looking at tricks and different yoyo’s. Then I bought my FHZ and then i bought its metal brother which cuts my hand. No I am on Expert tricks playin wit a Dv888 ;D :smiley: :slight_smile: :o

About this time last year actually, speech season was starting at my school. We went to our first speech meet, and i got 2nd place out of 53 people! My mother was so proud of me, so she bought me a red duncan imperial from walgreens on the way back. I figured “omg mom…seriously? its a yoyo…” so i took it to school, could do a forward pass, gravity pull, sleeper and walk the dog. Everyone was like omg your so good and thats where my obsession took off lol about a week later i bought a yomega fireball off of one of my friends for $9 worth of quarters (seriously!) I found this site, then learned all the way through advanced tricks on my transaxle fireball. I then moved on to advanced and found that transaxles cant spin long enough…I went online and found my first real yoyo the speedmaker. I ordered it and got it on march 14 2009. I yoyoed constantly! never put it down! heck on may 25 i got my first yyj, the hybrid hitman. Now is when the problems started…my gf at the time (she broke up with me about a month and a half ago :() decided that she didnt really like my yoyoing, so i started yoyoing less and less…at the beginning of july i got a new breed. but by the time this came i was only yoyoing in my free time and never thinking about yoyoing. Then…i hate to say it but i quit…for about 5 months…i realize now that she controlled me that much, that i quit my favorite thing in the world to do. fast forward to november 15th-ish. My friend who also yoyos, matt brought his yoyos to school again. I saw his and was like AAAAA I MISS IT!! and started bringing mine to school again, I was still out of practice but i still pretty put on a show and its all contest between me and him since. (she broke up with me around this time) He got his first metal about a month later, i was sooo jealous lol and aspired to be able to afford a $100 metal…He then got another, yoyo a cut i started playing his cut and immediately fell in love with metal yoyos, i mean they were like perfect!!! so as of now, i can do most all the tricks on this site, i love making up my own! I have a C13 and an Auldey L3 in the mail, Im so excited to be getting my frist metals! thank you yoyoexpert for always being here! without yoyoing i probably wouldve went suicidal…not even joking. yoyoing saved my life.

Leeeeeeeeeets go, In my country during the summer I was watching Blazing teens, I was like what the heck this has to be edited No one can do that with a yoyo… Well the aura was edited but not the tricks, anyways when I came back to america a month later at october I got a 1 dollar yoyo, but i was like what is this 5 seconds sleeper, so my friend said go to toys r us they have much better yoyo and I got my self a duncan pulse, I learned all the beginner tricks, i lost it then bought a pulse and then a speed beetle, but I was to addicted and I neeeded a better yoyo, i saw the shop button on YYE and saw all thiese metal rimmed or all metal yoyos…and im like wow, unfortunately I didnt get my first yoyo from YYE which was a Dark Magic, I love all 70 grams of it! 2 months later Ive learned 85& of all the intermediate tricks and some advanced / expert tricks, 2 days after new years i order a pgm…every day after school I would look as if a killer was hiding and i was trying to look for him/her and i got it 3 days from when i shipped it…and today…YOYO = BEST TOY EVER
yoyo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> video games

Well it all started when i went to friends party and he was giving out the duncan butterfly shape yoyo to everyone. So he gave one to me and he was saying lets have a contest to see who does more tricks. so as i kept playing i really liked it so when i went back home i went on the internet and searched yoyo tricks and brought me the YYE. i went to learn and it wouldn’t open so i went to youtube and searched yoyo player and Andre boulay 2004 NER video came up and i opened it. And while i was watching i was amazed so the next day i went back online and started learning the tricks on the learn section and i finished the beginner’s section in a heart beat then i went to intermediate section and just couldn’t do any tricks, So then i went on the shop and saw the kickside so i ordered it and i was literally waiting next to my mailbox when it came i just ripped the box and started to play outside then after 2 months i wanted something a little bit better then i turned my attention to the legacy and improved my yoyo skills by far. Then after 3 months i finally got a new breed and i got to say it was one hell of a yoyo , And i currently finished everything and i want to buy DV888

DIA

REMEMBER PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

KEEP THROWING!!!

When i was about preschool age at HK, (before anything, you guys need to know that the hk kids back then to now are addicted to pretty much w/e is on TV) some yoyo anime aired called Super Yoyo. Naturally, all kids spent about 40$ on those wooden transaxle yoyos produced by the company supporting Super Yoyo and just went around going up and down. Back then, a loop was crazy, and i couldnt even pull a yoyo back up. Later, that NED program at school got me goin for a fixed axle butterfly shaped yoyo, and i went looping like crazy:D Soon, i lost that yoyo unfortunately and just gave up…until i got anothher fixed axle+clutch mech. yoyo in HK. And thats when i stumbled onto YYE, but i just couldnt do some of the string tricks. So, for christmas, i ordered a X-Convict, and i couldnt be happier ; D

Lets see. It was long long ago at a church in Oklahoma. My son was in his youth class and this kid there was yoyoing. Not thinking about it I just blew it off. Then on a different day I went into this class and saw this kid yoyoing. I was blown away and so were my sons. My oldes was given a yoyo from this kid and he played with it all the time. Shortly after that I realized that my son was really into it. Thinking of a way to get closer to my son I decided to start myself. It pretty much worked. I own everything I own and have done that pertains to yoyoing to this kid.

His name is…Adam Brewster!!!