What's your most silent and loudest throw?

Wet Whistle - TEN YoYo

OR

Stainless Whistling Yoyo - YYF

1 Like

Silent: Aero-yo delta. Its incredibly quiet, got even quieter after I put in a Trifecta.

Loud: Trigger. Putting in a curved bearing or a trifecta helps a lot with how loud it is, but it’s still pretty loud. Probably something to do with the way it’s made. Still a great player though. My A-sized bearing yoyos are also pretty loud.

most silent- cascade

loudest- protostar

Absolutely silent Oxy ozone

Loud as heck protostar

I have to dissagree. Yes, the bearing is generally the largest source of the sound, but different yoyos resonate the sound in different ways. My Addiction has a ringing sound to it. If you hold it and ping one of the sides with a finger flick, you can hear a similar ringing sound. Some of the quiet ones with a finger flick also make less sound using the same bearing from the Addiction.

Loudest: YYF 44 with Ceramic KK.
Quietest: Stock YYJ Phenom. Can hear a pin drop.

Quietist: My One Drop Sovereign

Loudest: The hubstacked Werrd TFL88 I use to own. It had four bearings spinning at once and screamed like a banshee being hit in the knee with a baseball bat.

My torrent II is my only yoyo that I can hear making a sound as I touch the body. Kind of like those wine glasses you can use to make sounds.

If u want it quite just add lube like one drop lube make sure its for long spin time not looping

Quiet: code 2
Loud: pgm all the way. My protostar has nothing on it.

Loudest is my DM 2 with a speed bearing.
Most silent is my token or capless with trifecta bearing.

Quiet: One drop code 2 with a generously lubed using gorillus lubricus 10 ball.

Loud: 888 with unlubed and corroded crucial grooved.

Loudest- Whistler
Quitest- Addiction with lubed ten ball.

Loudest: Protostar
Quietest: lubed Di Base

loud: legacy
quiet: most metals are pretty quiet

Loud: Fast 201. It is even louder than my Northstar
Quiet: Oxy Ti 9.06, and any Oxy I’ve tried

Loud: Chaser with 8-ball (it’s not thunderously loud, but I try to get my throws quiet-ish and this is the loudest)

Quiet: Capless with lightly lubed stock 8-ball

Once I put a Trifecta into that Capless it’s going to be nutty quiet, I think.

Trigger=loud

I used to think my One Drop Dingo with a lubed 10 ball bearing was quiet. That is, until I got a SPYY. Whatever bearings SPYY ships are super duper quiet. With some lube, they are near silent. So quietest: my SPYY Supra and Revenger

My loudest might be my YYF Glow-nasty or YYJ DM1

Silent: Metal Drifter
Loud: Surge