Whats your hardest trick in your opinion? (Current skill level)

What is your current skill level, based on your most difficult trick? I know one trick might be harder for one person than someone else, but there is a general trend.

Where would you like it your best trick to be?

I’m kind of an intermediate player I guess, but I’ve got my eyes on the prize of the more advanced tricks. Hopefully I get there soon!

How about you guys?

7 Likes

I suck(in my mind anyway, the reality eludes me). I would like to suck less.

8 Likes

I’m not sure where I’d place myself

2 Likes

Says the dude that can do this…

4 Likes

I’m a natural noob. Born and raised! lol

I mean I’m not thrilled with where I’m at right now…but at the same time, I’m kinda liking where I am and where I’m headed.
I don’t ever aspire to be amazing or anything…but I’d like to continue to become better and hopefully one day I’d like to be good enough to feel like I can actually hang with those who are truly very skilled without feeling like a complete noob.
I’d also like to have a bunch of difficult tricks down that I’ve become consistent enough with that I can feel confident doing them in public.

8 Likes

After giving it a solid minute of thought… I have no idea. There’s people who have been yoyoing for just a third of the time I’ve been yoyoing that are already better than me.

4 Likes

On a unspecified yoyo website, I’m currently a “level 55 - knight”

I would say I’m not competition material but have a knowledge of a variety of tricks…slacks and whips are my weakness as those types of tricks seem to happen out of sheer luck (I’m looking at you “dumshot” and “beefhook”)

I’ve drastically slowed down learning new 1a tricks and have been working on modern responsive, refining what I do know with it and trying to smooth out my current repertoire.

6 Likes

Pizzahut(dot)com?

2 Likes

I’m not a particularly skilled yoyoer and it takes me a while to learn new stuff. I acknowledge I am better than I was and am always improving. I aim to continue enjoying playing yoyo, I’m too old to get hung up on how ‘good’ I am, after all it is about the journey, not the destination!

6 Likes

In my mind, I’m on par with Tyler Vienneau. In reality, that’s just absurd. I just like to play with yoyos, and my skill level is somewhere in the vast spectrum of “intermediate”.

7 Likes

And I strongly suspect your kid’s going to be better than the whole lot of us by the time he turns 10!

3 Likes

I have too many hobbies to ever be an expert at any of them. Well, unless you count music. I was a full time musician for a few years. I will never be a full time yoyoist living off of appearance fees. I’m just happy to practice without hitting myself in the head.

6 Likes

From 1 ‘being poorly’ skilled to 10 being ‘professional level’, Id say I’m about poo point five out of 10.

3 Likes

beginner, always. :pray:

6 Likes

im level 95 beast but I still consider myself a noob at least when it comes to comps

3 Likes

i’m kind of intermediate, but i want to start learning more tricks, and progressing a lot more then i am.

3 Likes

I’d like to get to the point I stop hitting myself in the head :rofl:

6 Likes

lol :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

I’m 111 master apprentice.

3 Likes

Someone should make a poll of your skill level based on the tricks you know.

3 Likes