What's your fave Start-up/new yoyo company?

The capricorn s shape is too generic. like, more generic than a generic yyr. This always gives me the impression that even if it performs well it is because it is generic. I like yoyos where you see the designers thought process reflected in every detail and you can tell why each fine structure and each curve is placed exactly where it is now.

1 Like

Did you see their second model with the under rim double rim? Its a beast, and innovative.

888 is not exactly a crazy good yoyo IMO. Maybe an 07 for dat nostalgic feel.

Token can do a bunch. Horizontal is the only thing im having problems with. It keeps up with super nova, dark magic, shutter and n9 and n12. I would love to eat my words and try a Capricorn, but I don’t have the cash.

I felt this way too, but it’s their first yoyo. I’ll give them some time before I expect creativity.

just look at muh helium. It comes with every detail scrupulously thought about from the gap wall to the rims to the inner cup, and it has a splash colorway and the smoothest blast finish i v ever seen and it even sells for less.
#HeHeHeHeugotpwned

This was actually what I thought when I saw/got it too

agreed

Not sure if you fully understood my post. I agree with you on the capricorns super genericness. I’m just giving the kids at Tropic Spins some time before I expect super unique yoyos.

For the record, I don’t own a Capricorn, but I don’t see a need for it to be less than $100. Not every yoyo can be cheap. It’s got nice colorways, and they’re precision machined in Tennessee.

Last time I checked, a Yoyotrap helium cost ya a Benjamin too. :wink:

Maybe someone from our team can find you at a contest and let you try one out!

Just wait! Our next yoyo is really cre-
Wait, I can’t talk about that.

Enough with Tropic Spins!
I love radicle seas newest yoyo!

1 Like

popping in again to say thanks!!!

if you follow us on social media, then you saw our new shirt and sticker designs!

I just sent off our production run set sails to the best anodizer in the US. :wink:

I|G: radicalseasyoyo

awesome! Sounds good to me

Does billy bob’s count?

Not really new anymore.

GN Yoyo Co.!
I got one of their early prototypes, it’s freaking sweet!

I for one was amazed at just how good the 2Sickyoyos Gambit turned out to be. I pre-ordered a 7075 version purely to help out Joey but what I got was a seriously fantastic yoyo. I’ve got many throws from fully established, popular companies that don’t get nearly as much play time as my Gambit does. Very unique playing, comfortable shape (in my opinion) and a delight to throw.

Oh, also, it shares my name. That’s always a plus.

So, 2Sickyoyos gets my vote. That being said, honourable mention to Radical Seas. Whilst I’ve never tried it myself, the Set Sail went down a storm when it came over to our UK shores. Many people were trying them out at Nats and were giving them some serious commendation.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry YoYos. Love the Rachet and The Team

Dude, I completely agree with you. The gambit is by far one of the best throws, at least top 5,out there! I as well got the 7075 and the feel and play is just perfect. It spins forever, and literally has no vibe, seriously. Joe really has a nice little startup u deer his belt and now with his release of the Queen(king), I really hope he continues to do what he’s doing. The profile of those two throws and the shape of the cup are innovative. They really make finger spins and thumb grinds easier then easy, for people trying to learn, like myself.

Also, on a side note, tropic spins gets my vote as well. Really cool guys and doing a really good job. Keep up the great work!

Well he’s not a company per se, but ckron is putting out amazing stuff very professionally. His thread in modifications is worth a look.