What's the most boring yoyo you've tried?

Most all yoyos have unique qualities or characteristics that make them., at the very least, somewhat enjoyable to play. However, some yoyos just miss that mark completely, resulting a dreadfully average/boring yoyo. What yoyo(s) fit this description? I nominate the SK :confused:

5 Likes

SK and CLYW Compass

5 Likes

Oddly enough, seconded on those exact models.

3 Likes

These responses are almost as boring as the aforementioned yoyos :skull:

1 Like

I would add the Horizon. I find it boring, I know it is innovative-ish for its time on diameter and fingerspin, but the world caught up.

3 Likes

Sorry shutter…

3 Likes

How dare you!!! The Horizon is one of my favorites! Although I may be a little biased considering it was my EDC for months on end…

3 Likes

f2c8f2141dfabd32487bd481a521e3dd

4 Likes

Threads like these usually get shut down for negativity.

2 Likes

Also, it’s really similar to that thread that was made recently about popular yoyos that you just couldn’t get into.

1 Like

I disagree. While they are slightly similar, that thread focused more on yoyos that didn’t live up to the hype, rather than boring yoyos in general. My post also asked for a superlative of sorts, unlike the other thread.

3 Likes

Shutter, Fingerspin, Code 2

2 Likes

Most of my yoyos are solid finishes, which means they are all boring according to @codinghorror.

6 Likes

What a shame.

2 Likes

No, just the colors are boring! Could be a fun yo-yo in a boring solid color :wink:

3 Likes

So far the most boring yoyo in my collection is a poly wedge. I bought it for $10 on a whim because I’ve heard good things about it. For me it didn’t live up to the things I’ve heard about it and I still think the protostar is one of the best budget plastics yyf has ever released.

4 Likes

I ordered the black 44 clash Protostar. I am thinking I will love it…

3 Likes

That’s the one I have too. I also think it is the best budget plastic yoyo I have along with the Sage.

1 Like

Can we talk about how the Protostar was released TEN years ago. At $35, I would say it took almost 5 years for anything to catch up to its performance at that price. I remember when I was getting into the game in 2012-2013ish, people were still recommending the Protostar all over the place. It was still the yoyo to beat under $40. And in 2009 it was probably one of the best yoyos on the market in general.

Now it’s being sold for $15. That’s insane, I still think it’s the best yoyo you can buy as of now under $25. One of YYF’s best releases. Only thing it doesn’t have going for it is the DANG spacers. I had 3 or 4 of them at one point. Too. Good.

9 Likes

Great to hear! Mine should be at my post office tomorrow morning!