What's the most boring yoyo you've tried?

Skyva

2 Likes

Forgot about the Skyva! Yeah honestly that one was a massive disappointment for me. Had so much hype leading up to the release.

Jeffrey Pang sure knows how to sell a yoyo :joy:

3 Likes

Honestly most entry level plastics are quite boring, to me anyway. The Protostar is only interesting because it was so ahead of its time.

The problem with these is that they’re mostly just “hey the people wanted cheaper versions of the better metal {x}” where {x} is edge, joyride gt, metal skyva, and so on. I say put your big boy pants :jeans: on and get the real version, which is metal :metal:

6 Likes

i’d say the YYF Boost is the most boring i own. its so boring i had to go on YYE to search for its name.

protostar and diffusion 2 are at such a great price point right now; i bought the 44Clash one too!

2 Likes

Protostar and First Base are both really fun to play with imo

1 Like

If you’ve played it, how do you feel about the Horizon Ultra?

1 Like

It’s a better version of the Horizon, but I feel it’s still just too narrow by today’s standards.

1 Like

I would add it to my list here. Was supposed to be better in every way, but…

Also, the Aviator II, C3 Capless, and the Boss.

1 Like

I don’t have tons of experience with Aviator 1, but I love the 2. What’s bad about it?

1 Like

Nothing bad about it. I just have one and I never play with it. :-/

I bought a yo-yo from Dollar general that I think fell apart the first time I threw it… So yeah that was boring

2 Likes

I like to assess my yoyos, in terms of how they play/perform, using a good-bad spectrum: amazing, excellent, very good, good, average, below average, bad, and horrible. I suppose for me a “boring” yoyo is one that is average. Not good enough to climb into the good range of the spectrum and not bad enough to fall into the bad range of the spectrum. A throw which is so unremarkable that I forget I have it.

I have a few like that, but if I had to pick just one as the “most average” (i.e., most forgettable, or most boring) it would probably be my Ko’olau Edge. But really, it isn’t significantly more average (or boring) than any of the others that I tend to forget I have.

4 Likes

None, but I have some which could be set up better.

1 Like

Which ones? and how so?

Setup?

Optimal response, fresh string, check the bearing seat for debris.

1 Like

Avalanche. So rock solid I really dislike it

2 Likes

I believe @G2_Jake said his favorite all time CLYW is the Avalanche.

3 Likes

What a different opinion we all have amirite

2 Likes

The og of course

4 Likes

Most bimetals are boring to me. There are a few that I enjoy (blockade and edge mainly, with the occasional pound) but 80% of them are boring to me.

5 Likes