whats should i expect at nationals?

its my first time visiting a competition. definitely not competing though :stuck_out_tongue:

You should expect to have a lot of fun and meet some pretty cool guys. Bring some cash too, because there is so much to buy!

1 Like

Bring your Yoyo thereā€™s lots of pros there to learn from and talk to some people and have a good time

1 Like

Nationals is my favorite yoyo competition. Theres a lot to do. And Chico is pretty cool.
Theres lots of vendors, a big stage, great people and great yoyoing. Bring a lot of money. You will spend it.

1 Like

well $100 be adequate?

no lol

1 Like

lol how much? not sure if mah parents will let me bring more than that :smiley:

studio42 :smiley: ???

Contests are a blast, never been to nats, but pnws was always a good time. Everyone is really friendly, and those who are more knowledgeable want to teach you, and those that are less knowledgeable want to learn from you, its great.

1 Like

What?

Iā€™m not saying how much Iā€™m bringing. Itā€™s bad enough you guys are gonna be stalking me and my cases of yoyos I ainā€™t selling or trading. What, now you want to know how much Iā€™m gonna have on me?

(Sorry for the lateness. Had an urgent project I got done today. Worth the effort!)

On a serious note: You know how much these yoyos sell for. You may or may not be able to get ā€œcool steals on dealsā€. For example, if YYJ has a booth, you can expect ā€œregular YYE-type pricesā€ without the sales tax probably. RecRev seems to sell on the low. YYF sells B-grades cheap, and trust me, these are good deals! Not sure who else is selling. I know how much Iā€™m bringing, and Iā€™m gonna buy stuff for at least one of my kids, maybe 2. I may also be floating some cash to a friend so he has spending money on the day as well.

ALSO, tips:
I will be carrying a list of throws I have, and a list of throws I want, WITH prices. This way I know if Iā€™m getting a deal or not, and if itā€™s not on my wants list, I can see if itā€™s on my "already got it " list.

Iā€™ll probably also be carrying a binder with my YYE trading cards. I have a set to keep pretty, a set for signing(has a few missing) and a bunch of duplicates for trading and giving away. Chances are my list will be there!

1 Like

You will have a great time at the contest. Everyone in the yoyo community is very welcoming and willing to talk and teach tricks. Hope you have fun.

1 Like

i was wondering if i could get a b grade mvp 2 for a low price, like $30? otherwise, yeah, ill TRY to bring at least $200. i might just cry if i miss out on good deals!

YoYoFactory will have a booth.

Come say Hello ;D

1 Like

You bet!

I doubt the deals will be that good, but they might be insane. I got a B-grade MVP for $50 and it plays ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

If I like what a few YYFā€™s play like(MVP2 and the Avante Gardes), I may consider B-grades of those if available.

1 Like

I wish I had money, oh wellā€¦
Any one have a schedule for the NATS?

1 Like

Schedule probably wonā€™t be posted until a week before(or any day now).

Donā€™t let not having money prevent you from going. It just means you probably canā€™t BUY anything. You can probably sell or trade. Or just hang out and have a good time in a fun environment. My focus this time is enjoying the event. Buying is secondary. Learning, teaching, and having fun is my primary focus.

1 Like