What's better

What is better, a Protostar, a new breed, or a Dark Magic? In my last post i said i was working on brain twister and now I’m on atomic bomb and Mach 5. ??? ???

-YoyoMango

It depends on your preferences. Protostar is the best playing, IMO, but you may prefer a Dark Magic.
If you want to learn how to bind, get a Protostar. If you don’t, get a Dark Magic.

BTW, move this to Looking for help/Recommendation, using the buttons in the top-right corner.

1 Like

Well, the new breed and dark magic have metal rims and the protostar is all plastic.

From experience, I’d go with the dark magic. I’m also getting a legacy, i’ll tell you how it plays.

1 Like

If you are getting a legecay go with the dark maigc :wink:

What fits your preferences the best? I know for me the Protostar and the same for a lot of people. The Protostar has some metal inside of it. But it plays with the best of them. The Dark Magic and New Breed are more for the intermediate to advanced player. The Protostar is more to advanced to expert. So see what’s best for you. :wink:

1 Like

i really recommend getting the protostar and guess what it also a little cheaper. :slight_smile:

1 Like

there all good yo-yos but the best is new breed. its similar to dark magic but better for beginners cause it has a huge gap.

That’s in your preferences. Some people could hate the metal on the New Breed, or gap, or response, or feel. You see there is no best yoyo, it what your preferences tell you what to get. :wink:

Hi thanks fir the comments so far but as x52 pointed out best is an opinion so it would be awsome if you all just tell me the ups and downs of the 3 yo-yos. :smiley:

-YoyoMango

Protostar

Look here

1 Like

first learn how to bind then get a new yoyo

i would say that the protostar is a good choice. i have one and it is awesome!!!
i would recomond the protostar

1 Like

It’s really all about preference.
What was your first yo-yo? Your current favorite yo-yo is the Saber Raider.
From there I would suggest getting a PROTOSTAR (and if you’re not into plastic yo-yos get a Dark Magic).

Here’s a quite pro/con of the ProtoStar:

PROS

• cheap/affordable at $34.99
  • full plastic so you won’t worry about dinging/scratching it as much
  • wide gap to land tricks on
  • fully unresponsive and binds tight out of the box
  • comes with arrows marked on the sides of the yo-yo to prevent overtightening it
  • easy to learn binding with (I learned how to bind on a ProtoStar)
  • great sleep times

CONS

• response system wore off for me in a month. (wasn’t too bad to replace)
  • the sound it makes (this is opinionated)
  • spacers get stuck to the bearing sometimes (a bit annoying to take off)
  • when I first got my ProtoStar there was a pretty noticeable pulsating vibe. It goes away after you break it in a little bit

Although all those yo-yos you mentioned in your post are great yo-yos, I would still recommend the ProtoStar due to its large gap to help in learning string tricks, its affordability, and its ability to play like a metal yo-yo even though being a plastic.

1 Like

learn to bind, and bet the protostar, i dont like my dm at all

Here’s a quite pro/con of the ProtoStar:
PROS

• cheap/affordable at $34.99
  • full plastic so you won’t worry about dinging/scratching it as much
  • wide gap to land tricks on
  • fully unresponsive and binds tight out of the box
  • comes with arrows marked on the sides of the yo-yo to prevent overtightening it
  • easy to learn binding with (I learned how to bind on a ProtoStar)
  • great sleep times
    CONS
  • response system wore off for me in a month. (wasn’t too bad to replace)
  • the sound it makes (this is opinionated)
  • spacers get stuck to the bearing sometimes (a bit annoying to take off)
  • when I first got my ProtoStar there was a pretty noticeable pulsating vibe. It goes away after you break it in a little bit

Thank you THIS is what i really need it helps me decide because companies can over exaggerate the pros and not tell the cons. Oh yeah i will tell you witch i decide to buy. :slight_smile:

next time u can just give a thank you instead off copying the text :slight_smile: or at least quote it

Well thank you guys i have decided to buy a Protostar. Thanks to all of you who have put in input that lead me to my decision! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yay you are getting a protostar!!!

I wouldn´t call it full plastic since it has metal weight rings.

yea it has metal rings