What's all the buzz about Buzz-On. An in-depth look.

This brings back memories. I still have a red Chop Shop Menehune hiding away in a box somewhere. I wish I never got rid of my Bushido or Element X, I’m definitely going to grab any that I come across in the future.

I also have a lot of fond memories experimenting with the various SPR sizes in any yoyo that they would fit. I would love Buzz-On to make a comeback!

Cool post! I never knew that about buzz-on.

Still playing my Bushido. just need to get new pads in it, and a slightly thinner string, and It’s beast. Mine has really no vibe though, so that’s a plus. I hope Buzz-On gets back up.

How do they play in relation to a Northstar/Protostar/Yoyojam hybrid?

I’ve still got a couple of El Xs and SPRs here. Still play the El X. Used one of the SPRs to put a large bearing in Spintastics Mata Ray. Nice player.

Get that YYF stuff outta here… XD Hybrid YYJ. Well, I love my YYJ Hybrid Hitman. But to be brutally honest, you can’t compare them in my opinion. A good chunk of Buzz-on throws were meant to be, in a sense, buffed up FHZ yo-yos for some of them. Hitman was meant to be…well, it was meant to be JD, if anything. I love my Buzzon Bushido, but my Hitman is fun too. Distribution is way different form a Hitman to a Bushido. Size, shape, a B bearing is way different from an adjustable C, trust me. SO yeah. Can’t compare, imo.

How does it play differently…

What kind of YYJ hybrid? They make a few and they all play somewhat different.

Yes, they play different, different feel, speed, weight. Also some Buzz-ons were made from the stock Spintastics shells that were used in all of the Spintastics models - Manta Ray, Eclipse, Maelstrom, Tiger Shark, Revolver - All based on the same shell.

2 Likes

Bumping this. Just got this in the mail today. It’s a real beauty.

2 Likes

Wowza.

Yea. I’ve seen pics of a few Rogues but this is the first one I’ve seen where the Element X portion is marbled.

It’s classy as all get out. You must have been thrilled to find it.

I have a yellow /w blue rims Buzz-on Rogue if anyone is interested. Pm me!