What's a quick and simple way to remove some vibe?

Nail polish? My sister has some of that layin around… Much easier than Teflon tape… So how do I use nail polish?

How do you imagine you use it? :wink:

Side note: these are all methods to snug up an axle. If the snugness of an axle isn’t what’s causing your vibe, it’s not like these are magic “add to cure vibe” solutions or anything.

Dip it in nail polish??

My understanding of tuning out vibe is not the snugness of the axle, but the alignment of the yoyo halves. By adjusting and fixing the axel in one half, it changes the alignment of the other half. Going on the hunt for the alignment that makes the 2 halves vibrate least is the tuning process as I understand it. Adding the tape or loctite alone will not fix the vibe if the cause is the weight imbalance between misaligned halves…

Apparently, there might be vibe caused by a loose axle, but this seems really unlikely to me, once the yoyo is tightened. Does it happen?

No, you’re right. Not sure where my head was at on this one; caught up in “ways to keep an axle in place” and that extended to a misinterpretation.

All the more reason to stick to teflon tape. It will make a far more reliable way to move the axle to the best spot.

Loctite thread locker is way better than Teflon tape but make sure you get the blue instead of red since blue is weaker and red is permanent.

I ordered a tube of blue and a tube of purple. The purple is designed for these smaller sized screws. I also have Teflon tape around the house, so I’ll be trying them all. I’ll write up my findings about which worked better for me when I get around to tuning.