whats a good brand of strings

i like
Buddy Jim string and yye 100% poly

Since Iā€™ve never tried kevlar string before, I cannot compare any string to it. However with that being said, my favourite string is Angel hair string. I donā€™t think you can get it from this website but search around google and youā€™ll find a site that still stocks this string. Angel hair is 100% nylon and is a heavier string compared to 100% Poly. As such slacks tricks that involve swinging the slack around (ie Yuuki Slack) feel much more controllable (to me anyway). It also whips much faster than Poly. As such, Hidemasa hooks, Double Hidemasa hooks reverse trapeze whips are much easier to hit and land. They also hold tension relatively well, making suicides pretty easy. Furthermore, they last forever. Well, probably not forever but they last a heck of a long time. Iā€™ve been using the same string for over 2 years now and yes although it looks dirty and frayed a little, it still slacks and whips the same as it did when it just got broken in.

Do note though that Angel hair takes a relatively long time to break in. When you first get in they feel rough and stiff but just continue playing with it and itā€™ll gradually become softer and slick. They will not, however, become as soft as 100% Poly and they also do not have the characteristic ā€˜bounceā€™ of 100% Poly string.

*I have a feeling though that kevlar strings may play similar to the Angel hair and since youā€™ve already professed that you donā€™t like kevlar strings, you might want to have a second opinion before getting the Angel hair. I just felt like I needed to say something about these strings because I like them so muchā€¦ maybe I should do a review :P.

You should try Big Yoyo Strings made by the one and only me!! Seriously message me and I will hook you up. I also like YYE, Toxics, Experts, and I ordered some of that string lab X?? I think thats what its called

I love Big Yoyo string. As soon as he gets some in stock Iā€™m buying some 20-30 strings depending in the colors I want at the moment. His string holds great tension, whips and slacks great and is sooo durable. I have been using the same string for over a week on my 1A throw and itā€™s still got plenty of life left(I throw at least 3 hours a day). I do have some Kitty string I got along with a free Dang for making the YYBB slogan so Iā€™ll also have to try that so compare, but still Iā€™m getting some of that Big Yoyo string. If your a 5A player, as long as you donā€™t throw in a mud pit this should last your indefinitely(at least a month)

1 Like