What your ETHNICAL composition everyone?

Half Russian Half Viking. :smiley:

Warrior/Dancer/Thrower/Lover

Either all that or the word Race is kept alive by humans who claim to be part of the human race ,when actually they have no respect for anyone else and will never learn to be part of any race much less the human race. Lets just hope the wisdom prevails that will turn things around. And pray Yoers are a prolific race !!! BTW … Irish

Half Indonesian
The other half is made up of Russian, German, and a little Irish.

1/2 Filipino
1/4 Mexican
1/4 Canadian

Mostly German, Russian, ukraine, israeli, italian and a little UK.

There is actually not much reason to try to show how much knowledge of human ethnic backgrounds and human ancestry species type one has in this thread. Pointing out some “technicalities” seems to be a method to simply “show off how smart I am” rather than offering any real info. And regardless, the original title was clear enough that I think I speak for everyone when I say that everyone knew what the original poster was asking of.

Haru

German from my dad and Swedish from my mom. Those are my background countries, I’m happily American, born and raised, though.

There is a lot of confusion about what race means. I don’t think it is showing off to approach racial distinction with that in mind, especially since many people posting in this thread are treating the question much differently from how race is often perceived (nationality is a separate concept from race). It’s also important to realize that many of our perceptions of race are based on flawed historical perceptions of physical differences. The assumed biological basis for racial classification does not really exist within the human species, so we are left with entirely social distinctions (and those distinctions can vary greatly depending on the society). That’s important background information to understanding the role of racial perceptions. Even if you think it is clear that the original post meant something other than race and that you can have discussions about ethnic- or national-identification without knowing how that differs from race, that is still real information that offers something to people who are interested in the broader scope of the topic.

2 Likes

Showing off? I would strongly disagree. I enjoy knowledgable individuals sharing their expertise. I relish the opportunity to gain such insight. Threads often stray, usually in jovial directions, this one in a more educational one. I enjoy and appreciate both.

skitrz

1 Like

If I believed that I wouldn’t have brought it up.