What was your most influential yoyo?

great songšŸ™Œ

1 Like

Influenced me/favorite has to be a combination:
The OD M1 was my first HIGH END that got me going, I really wouldnā€™t be into unresponsive without it. The Duncan Windrunner 7068 and the GSquared Covenant are my favorites right now.

4 Likes

Hspin PYRO.

When I first threw it back in 2006, I realized what potential is sleeping inside a yoyo.

13 Likes

The first ā€œmodernā€ metal yoyo I held in my hand was a SPYY Addiction back in 2009:
I was very impressed and was a decisive yoyo to start buying my own metal yoyos with bearings.
(Before I had only ever thrown fixed axles and the Duncan Throw Monkey (which I learned the basic tricks with :wink:

5 Likes

I started throwing over 2 years on a Fizz and Sage, and those really got me going in the hobby. I think perhaps the next one that was influential was my first metal, the Cyber Crash. Before then I would always think I would never want or need a metal yoyo, but after that I understood what the hype was, haha! Much later the new Freehand AL and the subsequent FH1AL would become my favorites of the ones I had collected. But THIS year, I reeeeally got into 0A style play with the OG Alleycat. Now my collection is centered around that style, with the new plastic FH1ā€™s and a Mk1/Spinworthy RBC being my favorites now. Iā€™m sure if and when I get my first nice wood throw thatā€™ll be a turning point tooā€¦

3 Likes

This was my most influential yo-yo, but not for a good reason. This yo-yo taught 11 yr old me that just because a yo-yo has a super cool description, does not mean that itā€™ll be any good. This yo-yo takes the cake for being the worst yo-yo Iā€™ve ever owned.

9 Likes