What was your first car?

1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle. His name is Wilbur. Still have it. Got it in 1994 my senior year and it was my daily driver until 2015. Trying to get my son in and out of the back seat in his infant car seat sort forced his retirement. The goal is to fix him up for my son.:crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Looks like you got your moneys worth out of that car.

2 Likes

98 Toyota Land Cruiser GX. I learned to drive using that car too lol :joy:

In high school I drove a manual 1996 Civic EX Coupe from the middle of my junior year until I went to college. Not my first car (or even my car since my parents own it) but I enjoyed driving it more, it’s just fun to drive. tl;dr of my first car, I rear ended my friend on the way to school, totaling my car while just leaving some paint on his gas tank. Few months later parents need another car so they got the civic which I drove for the rest of high school. I went to college in a city where I didn’t need a car so left it with them, it’s my dad’s project car at this point since nobody relies on it; outside of thinking it was really fun to drive I’m not really a car person so I ended up with an automatic 2015 Honda Fit.

1 Like

My first car was used Lada 2106. Well, it was not exactly mine, it was bought by my parents, but it was first one which i drove when i got my driving license. Small family sedan, low power and manual gearbox, a workhorse of many russian families back in the day. Long gone for good, looked like this:

6 Likes

The first one that was in my name and I paid taxes on was a GMC 1977 pickup. It was my dad’s and pretty nice. Maroon with stripes on the hood.

2 Likes

Mine was a 1989 Ford Probe, and I loved that car!

4 Likes

Oddly enough my first was a 2006 Ford Ranger

1 Like

What are the odds…? My first car was a Datsun B210. Not a hatchback.

2 Likes