What was your first budget metal?

I started on wood. Then came the plastic. Then the metal zero. Then the cold fusion followed by the silver bullet then the Lilith. It all went to heck after that.

6 Likes

I understand that, just saying those are nice first budget metals. I had a metal drifter as my first budget metal. I owned maybe 10 random plastic yoyos before that, accounting for almost a year of time. The yoyos they had as first budget metals were grail yoyos to me. Good for them!

5 Likes

Mine is the old-type Duncan Metal Drifter, the one that came with the skull counterweight.

6 Likes

Wait… there’s a new type? I come from 2 years ago btw so that’s why… 2 years ago I just lurked without an account

3 Likes

Yup, new one. Someone gave me a new one. It’s not as heavy as I was expecting and demands a perfect, powerful throw but it’s fun. Came with a skull counter weight. Oh, I know all yoyos demand a perfect, powerful (high rpm) throw, but it’s lighter so it’s fun to perfect my straightness and rpms to keep it going.

3 Likes

Oh!!!

2 Likes

shutter
lots of metal drifters and horizons ive noticed

5 Likes

It was 1997 I believe. I wish I still owned it. I think I gave it to one of my friends at the time believing that my other cousin would out grow his and hand it down but he never did. I am not sure what he did with it.

4 Likes

First budget metal ever was the YYF Czech Point.

3 Likes

MYY N11 was my first.

One drop M1

My first metal was this sick beeboo! If you learn to fingerspin on this thing you can fingerspin anything!

4 Likes

Metal FHZ. And I thought I was on top of the world!

4 Likes

I guess mine was a YYF Shutter, purchased last Fall.

3 Likes

This was a bargain bin find a good long while ago…

2 Likes

Magic Yoyo N12

I have since passed it on to a friend. That doesn’t mean I dislike it but it was pleasing to pass it on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My first metals were the MYY T5 and N8. Honestly after all i’ve learned, those super budget magicyoyos aren’t half bad.

5 Likes

Duncan Metal Zero. Never play it, and was never too impressed by it because it felt light and cheap compared to my dif-e-yos. I believe the Tank was my first real metal yoyo.

2 Likes

My first was a Magicyoyo N12. I still have it. The rims have several small dings from my wedding ring. I never throw it.

4 Likes

Magicyoyo P.lotor, black with gold splash. I never really liked it though. I ended up giving it away to my manager at work that showed interest in yoyos. He loved it, so it all worked out.

4 Likes