What Was Your Favorite Contest This Year?

i know a lot of people will say nationals or worlds, but include other contests that you think were awesome or that you did landed your routine perfectly, or you placed higher than you expected, or where you just had a lot of fun.

mine would probably be DXL or BLC or Socal 2010. Socal was the first one i went to (not competing) and i had so much fun. it was only my third time i went to any form of yoyo meetup, and the first time i saw people that were that good.

and DXL, i got 7th in the first day, and sadly i was 2 hours late to the second day, so i couldn’t compete, but i learned a lot and met some friends.

and BLC, first time i competed, and i was exited that i didn’t mess up. i met a lot of people, and i got a lot of yoyos and tried a few good ones too. if it wasn’t for blc, i wouldn’t have wanted a punchline, and now it is my favorite yoyo.

DXL. Nuff said.

Socal, BAC and DXL. Complete tie. All helped me in some way, better understand the competitive part of yoyoing. Socal was the first contest I competed in, and it surely gave me a feel of what yoyoing on a stage feels like. I can’t remember many of the specific part that I liked, but I remember the feeling I had riding home in the car. DXL Prelims gave me a feel of what winning something felt like. I had gotten, like 3rd or 2nd place in a sports ladder division before, but never got anywhere with my freestyles until that Friday. And I got quite the prizes at DXL as well. Second day was pretty memorable too. I went up against Paul Dang, and even though he owned me, I still was inspired to step my game up after that. BAC was the first time I saw Jensen. And I kept staring at his signature on my ProtoStar during the entire ride back home (not really, but quite a while), like it was the whole world to me. Seeing him compete that day, as well as a bunch of other amazing people (Paul Han, Yuuki Spencer, and Gentry stein just to name a few), was truly awesome. If I had to choose one of these to re-live…it’d be a tough decision

Socal, BAC and DXL. Complete tie. All helped me in some way, better understand the competitive part of yoyoing. Socal was the first contest I competed in, and it surely gave me a feel of what yoyoing on a stage feels like. I can’t remember many of the specific part that I liked, but I remember the feeling I had riding home in the car. DXL Prelims gave me a feel of what winning something felt like. I had gotten, like 3rd or 2nd place in a sports ladder division before, but never got anywhere with my freestyles until that Friday. And I got quite the prizes at DXL as well. Second day was pretty memorable too. I went up against Paul Dang, and even though he owned me, I still was inspired to step my game up after that. BAC was the first time I saw Jensen. And I kept staring at his signature on my ProtoStar during the entire ride back home (not really, but quite a while), like it was the whole world to me. Seeing him compete that day, as well as a bunch of other amazing people (Paul Han, Yuuki Spencer, and Gentry stein just to name a few), was truly awesome. If I had to choose one of these to re-live…it’d be a tough decision

AP and WYYC mmmmmmmm and JNYC :wink:

DXL

SoCal 2010 was an amazing day for me. Either that, or Redondo. The day after I got on General-Yo, so that means a lot obviously.

My first competition @ MER it was so much fun i placed 9th in 1a

Pnwr kind of destroyed all the contest this year just sayin…

My Favotite contest was VA States 2010. (Probably because its the only contest i have ever been too) lol. But, It was very fun! I got to meet Ann Connolly, Joe Wilson, Gee Chung, Cody Anderson, Ben Balzerak, Alec Whittle, and Others! I also got to try a lot of new Throws:
-YYF Primo
-YYF Superstar
-YYF 888x
-YYF 07 888
-CLYW Peak
-CLYW Campfire
-SPYY Punchline
-HSPIN Cut
-Dif-e-Yo Juggernaut
-YYJ Eneme
-YYJ Night Moves 5

And More! It was Really Fun! :wink: