What type of yoyo player are you

there are many type of yoyoers (teachers, competitors, reviewers, youtuber, etc…) witch one are you

• teacher
  • reviewer/youtuber
  • buesness person
  • competitor
  • yoyoing is just a hobby for me

0 voters

5 Likes

Used to compete, might do so again in the future. Mostly just a hobby, but I feel like that understates how invested a lot of us are.

6 Likes

I create lots of content on IG and I guess that counts as youtuber.

3 Likes

Is there an option for has been/never was :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Maker?

7 Likes

And where’s the option for me?

The overly obsessed and overly invested noob?

9 Likes

I’ve only been to nyyc but I loved it and plan on competing at more yoyo contest in the future

2 Likes

Had to go with buesness and hobby cause I do flip a lot of yos and have been known to buy entire collections to keep just 1 or 2. But my :heart: Is hobby

4 Likes

Buesness just because it isn’t a real thing

8 Likes

Yesssss my people :joy:

5 Likes

I guess teacher/youtuber because i make a lot of tutorials but also post on ig and yt?

6 Likes

But witch one is your favorite?

2 Likes

how is business not a real thing look at @AndreBoulay

2 Likes

Well, when it’s spelled correctly…

6 Likes

I’m the noisy lurker type.

4 Likes

Why the need to pigeonhole? I Yo, there for I am

7 Likes

It is “just a hobby for me” although I really wish yoyo made me a buesness person, whatever that may be.

4 Likes

After years of being a performer on stage and workshop teaching, Many of my past arts were “for others.” The visuals, the impact, the effect, the magic, was for them. When I got deep into RC FPV all those years ago, I was always trying to that video so I could share and show off. It caused me a bit of stress and distractions on account of me always trying to fly, record, edit, upload, etc. There was one pilot I really looked up to back then who fell off grid for a while. When he popped back up, I asked his where he’d been and what he was up to. He said he was still flying, but not uploading anything for us to munch on.

His answer kinda changed my approach. He told me “I stopped flying for ya’ll, and started flying for myself, and found it much more enjoyable.”

Shortly after I the hobby left me and I lost interest in continuing and sold off all my gear.

This is when I bought my first modern yoyo (shutter) and I was hooked instantly. Returning from the late 90’s yoyo boom, it was a happy re-entry.

I made my mind up that first day that this hobby is not going to be for others. Its gonna be for me. I yoyo because I enjoy it. I rarely record or upload any of my progress or bangers. I do post on inst, but not often, and usually just gear shots and mail days.

I used to write reviews and they were well received, but have fallen out of the loop of whats new and exciting. I got into string making during my stint of unemployment, and that was a fun project until I got a job that is more than full time, I could not continue the HeartStrings project due to serious lack of time. If i ever leave that job I may start it back up, we’ll worry about that when the time comes.

Long story short (too late!!), I yoyo for me. I collect them for the satisfaction and enjoyment of the explorative nature of yoyo shapes and weights. And if I can teach, review, perform, or share vids, I may do that from time to time, but its gotta be fun, for me. Never “work” that i “have” to do.

11 Likes

When I yoyo in public I try to be the sharing, informational, inspirational, approachable type. I gladly take questions and let people, including kids use whatever yoyo I am using. Please don’t think that I always throw my favorite yoyo in public, not hardly. Usually I play in public while relaxing after flying my bike or skiing. Both of these can seriously destroy a yoyo if landed on. lol This attitude usually leads to some instruction.

I’m even glad to have the conversation about an adult playing with toys or wasting time.

Then again, I’m the type that can spend hours alone, yoyoing in silence, and I love every minute of it.

I’m just the type that yoyos without fear of ridicule, the type that loves a toy that dates back soooo far, the type that loves what I do for my own reasons and will continue to yoyo until it no longer is of interest to me.

You should just put a skitrz type of yoyoer on the list so I don’t have to check more than one box or add boxes. :grin:

4 Likes

I’m a YouTuber sometimes, and a passable thrower who also happens to be a slow learner. I’m also quite the collector and I’m proud of the throws that I’ve curated over the past few years.

3 Likes