What tricks have you learned, 2022?

What tricks have you learned and if so which is your favorite

3 Likes

Currently working on the new meta combo that Junyi Lin posted. Trying to get through all of his tutorials, Diego’s, and select CLYW ones right now among other tricks.

My favorite trick I learned was Polo’s australopithecus, but I can only land it like 10% of the time - if that. His tricks are best learned in small doses depending on your skill level - extremely frustratingly hard tricks that could make you want to quit because he makes it look way too easy.

3 Likes

What tricks have you learned? I learned the Guy Wright bind. I rarely learn tricks, I just pick up elements here and there. I did learn the Guy Wright Bind which is pretty exciting for me.

4 Likes

I learned quite a few new tricks recently, spent a long time messing about not learning anything new so tried to keep things fresh, Kwijibo, Cold Fusion and Jade Whip have been the most satisfying and I will likely spend weeks just messing about with combinations between elements of those tricks and what I already know.

4 Likes

Bro-A-Sides

3 Likes

How to spend money on yoyos

Spirit Bomb, Kamikaze, and Dr. Strange.

And I’m quite awful at all of them. In fact, I still can’t land the second pop of Spirit Bomb. Though, to be fair to myself, I only just learned Dr. Strange and I can tell that one will be pretty easy to master.

1 Like

wristmount. working on getting cheese whip consistent and also wrist mount from double or nothing needs work…

spirit bomb… still working on getting it consistent.

shockwave is my favorite at the moment, starting to get it more consistent as a repeater, and now i’m trying to combo from double or nothing to magic drop and rolling into and out of the outside string into another magic drop instead of turning my throw hand index in and looping the inside string for shockwave.

2 Likes

Getting regens smoother. Can’t believe I never bothered with them before.

3 Likes

Lots of cool chopsticks and suicide variations. Also beef hook and fingersteaks (variation of beef hook).

2 Likes

Ive learned quite a bit in 2022: a few new tsukasa repeaters, spirit bomb, a few doc pop tricks, brent stole (and double/triple), beef hook, whip to 1.5, a repeater from a homie on fb, jade whip, iron whip, yuuki slack, over/under boingy boing.

I’d like to learn more wrist mount tricks, and some chopstick stuff. I think ultimately I just want to learn more elements that will allow me to do more freestyle flowy stuff (not sure how to explain that one other continuing to build my trick library to pull from.) I have the most fun just chaining simple elements I know and doing what feels right in the moment and it would be more fun with more depth

4 Likes

I wouldn’t even know where to start listing what I’ve learned this year. Especially considering this year has (so far comprised of 8/12 of my total yoyo journey since I started back up.

Most recent thing I’m pretty damn proud of is Hook 1.5 but brent stole, loads of GT stuff, a speed combo, Spin City are all on the list as well.

Couldn’t pick a favorite if I wanted to though.

3 Likes

You play all kinds of fixie and are just now doing regens??!

1 Like

Lol yeah. I could do a simple hop to get the spin changed for brother stalls and stuff, but still not very consistent or smooth. And every unresponsive Regen I did was a sloppy mess.

1 Like

awesome, regens are some of my favorite things to do. especially just chaining together regens on unresponsive lol

1 Like

I’m getting there! Especially with a nice thin titanium it makes a super fun noise.

1 Like

what thin titanium do you have? tbh theres room on my shelves for a Ti responsive lol, love the Daytona SB (a bearing one) but its rare lol

1 Like

Wanker. Always. Though the Gravity I just got is also ranking high in the aural pleasure levels.

2 Likes

To clarify I mean thin walls*, not an actual slim yoyo lol. Just realized I answered a question you didn’t ask.

i also misinterpreted you lolol, thinking on it you dont call yoyos thin you call them slim or narrow

1 Like