What trick took you longest to learn?

I’m finally consistently landing a good looking seasick, shoot the moon, and horizontal circular Eli’s. I’ve been trying at all of these since I was like 13, so im pretty stoked.

12 Likes

Boing-e-boing took me about 15 years to land consistently. Could land stuff much more advanced without issue, but that one just took forever to click. In that same timespan I finished high school, college and law school, got married, and had three kids. :joy:

18 Likes

I am still chasing shotgun beefhook…

11 Likes

That’s a super tough one! Definitely have to have an aha moment with it. Boingy boing probably took me a couple years myself.

It looks simple enough, but very difficult

2 Likes

I still can’t do boingy boing after 13 years. I was working on it today actually and it always looks like garbage.

9 Likes

Yep. 7 years, still can’t boingy boing.

2 Likes

+1 for boingy-boing

1 Like

5 years for kwijybo. (or however you spell it) I felt so dumb when I figured out what was going on.

5 Likes

im pretty inexperienced, so im not gonna say its hook… but its hook

4 Likes

It took me a week to learn bong e boing. All of y’all are saying that it took y’all years to learn it. Woah.

1 Like

Was it the last part hooking both strings? Because it took me years too. Do it into a Houdini mount. Opens a new would.

2 Likes

boing e boing probably

1 Like

I would skip the roll over part before the last hop, haha I’ll try it into a Houdini and probably cry in the shower when I can’t do it.

4 Likes

Spirit-bomb took me 3 months practicing every day. I just could not wrap my head around what was happening with the strings when I crossed my hands.

10 Likes

Oh the tricks I am now comfortable with by far the longest to learn and get right was Kwyjibo which took months, definitely worth all the effort though! Still working on Spirit Bomb which still scrambles my brain and leaves me feeling as though I will never get it!

3 Likes

Breath…that darn suicide.

5 Likes

Are we distinguishing between “learning” and “mastering”?

2 Likes

Maiderade. Not even going to link it so that no one else gets as frustrated as I got when learning it.

2 Likes

Iron whip. It’s hopeless, and I don’t consider myself that bad.
Jade whip is ok, the former just doesn’t happen for me consistently.

I’ve convinced myself I don’t even like the trick, but this is probably just resignation.

Whip type tricks where your arms and hands flail around a lot are also avoided. I never felt they looked good enough to put the effort in. This is so subjective :wink:

1 Like

So ALL lacerations look silly to you?

Iron Whip is cool, I’ve only landed it a handful of times but Jade Whip is one of my favorites, super flowly. You should learn Follow if you haven’t already, either of the whips go hand in hand with it