What trick took you longest to learn?

No of course not.

A trick like “Lord of the Flies” was what I had in mind, but after viewing again, it looks good. These styles of tricks are demanding.

I think I’m lazy about string tension at times, and some tricks are completely unforgiving if your string is not neutral. Other types of tricks don’t really rely on neutral string to the same degree.

2 Likes

I’ve been practicing LOTF minus the GT at the end, the whip motion after the arm slap is my favorite in that trick!

Follow is a great trick to tighten your tension, rather than doing the normal tension adjustment in front mount, I use follow instead, it doesn’t kill spin and it looks cool to boot. And if my tension is too tight I just do some tricks and we’re back to neutral!

I agree with you though, slack tricks can be a pain when things like neutral string tension are a prerequisite. They are VERY satisfying though!!

1 Like

I would have a really hard time with this. It’s an incredible amount of accuracy though.
This is what I meant, and the poster was very skilled btw.

2 Likes

LMAOOO I get it, everything in moderation good sir! + variety IS thee spice of LIFE

These are a good place to start. I need to practice them again, they’re not smooth, I’ll admit it.

Edit: I’m going to make myself a whip/laceration combo to practice. I know quite a few, just totally neglected.

2 Likes

I just looked up LOTF and it looks awesome! This will be the next trick I learn.

3 Likes

Oh my god

1 Like

Spirit bomb took me 10 stinking days!

1 Like

A few…Shoot the Moon since the late 90s, figured it out a couple years ago when I got my YYF Confusion

Yuuki Slack - since 2015, it clicked a year ago

1 Like

Seasick

1 Like

I would say Midnight Express. A seldom talked about trick and now I know why.

It is a 4A trick.

You have to do the trick in a pitch black room. You have to be blindfolded.

You must use not only a black yoyo but also a black string.

Once in the room with everything ‘set’, you must alternate whip catches with nose grinds.

Popped off the nose to a bounce off both knees. Back up into the air for another whip catch and then another nose grind.

Snap your head back quickly and bounce the yoyo off the top of your head.

Lean forward and do a behind the back trapeze catch.

Flick the yoyo back up into the air, do a complete backflip. And right as your feet hit flat on the ground, catch the yoyo in both cups, using nothing but your elbows.

… I was Seriously amped up to wire the trick. But I made the mistake of entering the room blindfolded. And it took me 43 minutes to find the light switch and flip it to the off position.

I’m not sure about the learning curve on this one?

The fastest trick I ever learned was the Sleep’n’ Pizza trick.

So simple… you just throw a long sleeper with your throw hand while eating a piece of pizza with the other.

6 Likes

I don’t even remember how long I have been trying to master boing-e-boing . Maybe 10 years or so. I just can not get the rhythm of that one.

:rofl:

1 Like

how many bloody noses did Midnight Express cause? :joy:

i’d pay money to see it, and bet money you could… but it would be too dark… just like the feeling of disappointment in my heart having gone through that to not have seen a thing. woe would me.

1 Like