What trick give you most string burn?

5a break aways and standard 4a tosses kill my hands to no extent. Really you guys should see my hands.

For me Asian pops and Eli hops

This new trick I invented where I saw at my leg with string.

Whereas I look at all the Eli Hops answers and go ā€œHow?ā€ but am one of the sky bind burn victims. :wink:

Am I the only one here who does not understand at all how people are getting string burn from sky bind?

Whenever I do it, the string barely makes contact with my non throw hand finger. The contact is extremely short and involves very little friction.

I get burnt sometimes from it. Iā€™m not very well rehearsed with it, so my finger is in contact for a little longer to make sure Iā€™m accurate.

Weā€™re either not talking about the same bind or weā€™re doing it totally differently. When I do it as described on RethinkYoyo (where I learned it), you drag your NTH finger a good six inches, and with the full weight of a yoyo causing a lot of friction.

If you are coming out of a trapeze, you can use the momentum to shoot you up into the ā€œskyā€, so I can see how you might be doing a version that doesnā€™t burn. I think Iā€™m speaking for the other burn victims when I say Iā€™m referring to shooting up all the way from being in a sleeper.

I donā€™t get burns with sky bind at all. How is that even possible? Iā€™m with Jake Elliot on this one.

Also, eli hops is pretty much the only thing I get string burn doing.

How do you get burn with Eli Hops? I donā€™t even get the barest hint of friction. True story! Already mentioned how one could get string burn with sky bindā€¦ it has to be from sleeper or weā€™re simply not talking about the same thing!

If you watch the Rethink video, donā€™t you see him quickly drag his finger along almost 12 inches of string with the yoyo dangling from it (creating much friction)? How can you NOT get burned from that? :slight_smile:

I admit, Iā€™ve done some sky binds swinging all the way around to the bottom from trapeze (creating a bunch of momentum) in which case yeahā€¦ not much chance for burn. But if youā€™ve missed some tricks and youā€™re in a sleeper and you want to just bind up and restart, forget the Sky Bind if you like your fingers the way they are. First time I tried following the Rethink tutorial was enough for me to spot the danger, although I keep foolishly trying it anyhow, hoping to stumble across just the right amount of pressure to do it successfully.

Maybe if youā€™re using a very light yoyo thereā€™s not as much friction either? I donā€™t know! I canā€™t visualize how you could do it from sleeper without getting string burn.

I am referring to sky bind from a sleeper. I can land it 90% of the time and I never get any string burn from it.

Love to know the secret. I like sky bind, but I donā€™t like the buns. Probably using the right string helps (and I know youā€™ve got that covered!), but that canā€™t be the whole of it. Some subtle little trick that I (and others!) are missingā€¦

i havent gotten string burn in like 5 months.