What trick are you working on?

I have several I’ve made up, that I just can’t seem to ever get all the way though consistently, or at all. By that I mean, I can do all the elements with varying degrees of consistency, but rarely make it all the way through the entire trick.

I’m sure there are many on this forum who wouldn’t even find them very difficult, but I just seem to go month after month with little improvement. It blows my mind how some people can post up trick after trick!

I just want to get these recorded and posted, and I’m trying to stay focused and positive… Maybe I need to force myself to concentrate on one at a time, until I can’t get each one documented.

edit: Apparently, all i needed to do was whine about it. Suddenly, I’m getting close on a few!

Woo Hoo… will probably take me a year to land it  :smiley:

I’m trying to get my Fixed Axle Friday trick down. Not sure I’ll make it in time…

There are two basic tricks that I have neglected…

Suicides and Brent Stoles

For suicides, I just don’t have a good method down insert nerd emoji and I’m unsure of where to keep my eye focused in order to complete the catch - do I follow the loop of string all the way as it rotates around the yoyo from the release to the catch or should I keep an eye focused more on the very end of the loop or…? The way I’m practicing them is to do a double-on 1.5 mount to suicide (those are fun) then a normal suicide from trapeze followed by suicide from iron whip - if I can get this consistent this will be my little suicide combo.

For brent stoles, I used to be able to do them better. Probably overthinking it now because I’m too focused on the mechanics of the trick because maybe it needs to be more intuitive - just a timing thing that will get sorted out with practice and trial and error. It’s the whole part where the loop flips around the string to form the triangle that I am not timing correctly (like uh… that’s the whole trick, right? aha)

Time to put in the work and get these consistent.

Zipper (for some reason, I’m trash at hitting it reliably) and just learned Wormhole. Gonna hit Pop ‘n Fresh next.

And then my eternal challenge of landing trapeze straight and binding out of it reliably :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Plastic Whip. Finally ‘got it’ yesterday and am starting to hit it whilst feeling like it is my own skill doing it rather than pure luck like before.

1 Like

Beefhook.

It’s unpossible.

Recently been going through Jake’s tricks on High Speed Yo-yo. Finding I can use many of his elements in combos I make up. They’re not insanely difficult, which suits me just fine.

practicing 4 5A natz

I’m practicing the YoYoExpert lessons again…

2 Likes

I’ve been working on a lot of horizontal tricks!

2 Likes

I’m practicing my first “combo”, so to speak: Double or Nothing, unwound into a standard Trapese, then back to my hand. This is giving me a way to practice three things together: the breakway, trapese, and DoN. Eventually I will try this with an unresponsive yoyo and that will give me a fourth element to practice: going from the trapese to the undermount for the bind return.

3 Likes

Im working on this gem.

4 Likes

Working on reverse hook -> kweej -> beefhook. Beefhook is really difficult, but the first two parts are fun to link together.

Just started on Interrogatory but need to go through the YYE trick list!

1 Like

Ladder escape and laser beam

1 Like

Do you have a tutorial for beefhook? I havent been able to find one…

1 Like
1 Like

Amazing thank you!

Ooh I like that one, I’ll have to spend some time on it later.