What trick are you working on?

And Whut is what I’m trying to learn. Going to be a great week practicing it.

I can get smoothly though And Whut up to that jump rope hop (part 3). I need to watch part 3 again and pick back up on this.

A few week old video of where I sit with And Whut, hasn’t progressed since as I began focusing on other tricks and elements.

My own trick that starts with yukki slack I don’t quite have a name yet though…

Spirit Bomb is next on my list.

Working on And Whut. Did it fully a couple times. But still needs work.

Currently now working on piecing all 3 parts of And Whut together to make it look like it’s not something split into 3 segments.

um lemme see ooh my slack combo

Working on rancid milk. Just past the “tray holding” part. Having trouble with the roll over and fing twist part. This trick is difficult. But that’s a good thing. I’ve been blowing through tricks fairly easily and it’s nice to have something to really work on.

Working on connecting part 2 and 3 of And Whut so I can do the trick in its completion… Smoothly…

Currently working on a Spirit Bomb. I am good on part 1 and 2, but I cannot yet nail part 2 to 3. When I bring my hands back and try to get that triangle to open up, it’s just not happening right. It’s looks close, but it’s just not right. I am expecting to see a nice open triangle like Drop in the Bucket to go back into the almost wrist mount. :-\

I’ve watched the video on YoYoExpert and YoYoTricks.com quite a few times, but i’m not there yet. I’m getting close, but it’s that last part that gets me.

Any tips on this one?

I remember traveling down this road. There’s several pages of my documentation of this trick starting at this page: What trick are you working on? - #630 by ThinkH2o - Yo-Yo Tricks - YoYoExpert Forums

I find that when you do that final hop, be relaxed with it. If you yank it up and back down, that triangle is going to be tiny. So be gentle and let it kind of fall naturally back down.

1 Like

My experience with it, is just a little bit different… And that for me. With the final hop, I noticed if you keep your hands at the same height of each other. When you go to cross back over it will open that triangle nice and wide… So my tip is on the final hop, keep both hands leveled with each other, and as you cross your hands back to normal it should open the triangle wide. If I could explain It in person it would be easier.

Please delete this post. My phone screwed it up. But please keep the post I made below this one. Thank you

My experience with it, is just a little bit different… And that for me. With the final hop, I noticed if you keep your hands at the same height of each other. When you go to cross back over it will open that triangle nice and wide… So my tip is on the final hop, keep both hands leveled with each other, and as you cross your hands back to normal it should open the triangle wide. If I could explain It in person it would be easier.

It’s all about where your NTH forefinger intersects the strings. You intersect where all the strings meet, and your triangle will be the entire width between your two hands.

Yea, that too…that interesecting (or lack thereof on my behalf) was what made this trick so painful for me to learn! But as I said in my contest video for YYE, its things like these that give that moment of satisfaction when you can finally blast the YYE forums saying that you nailed it!

I now need to figure out what trick I want to work on, kind of want to bring some new elements in. Candy Rain is going to be a little tough at the moment but is not forgotten. I need to polish my Pop n Fresh, Eli Hops, and get to working on being more accurate with Hook…this was my “homework” given to me from my yoyo club. Once I complete the checklist of tricks I was given, I’ll get a club t-shirt.

Meanwhile, I’ve just been working on tricks I already know…as much as it may start to feel like I’m getting stuck in a rut I need to look at it this way: I’m only refining my skills and still actually making progress. I actually urge other growing players to have this mindset when you feel like you’re stuck on a rut and repeating the same things…you’re only polishing those tricks up and becoming smoother with them.

I appreciate everyone’s input on Spirit Bomb. I am going to keep at it and repost once I finally nail it!

You all have some great advice and additional video clips on this trick. Once I get the last hop down, life will be good. I can’t wait for that satisfied feeling. :smiley:

Manobrinha by Titi Freak.

First bah. Then bah. Do this for flare. Bah. Little twist. Bah. :smiley:

You are really close on the Spirit Bomb.  The non-throw hand is moving on you during the last pop.  This makes the triangle smaller.  I would focus on keeping your non-throw hand in the same area only flipping/rotating the hand.  The yo-yo just needs to pop up and come back down. It looks like you found my post on the Throwers Unite G+ forum.  There are a few additional tips on the G+ thread that may help. Good Luck!

Spirit Bomb…Finally landed it!

After I kept missing the hop into the triangle (step 3), I stopped and looked at my throw hand. I realized that I was aiming for the wrong string. Once I figured this out and after a few more attempts, I finally landed it. I was also slow and smooth about part 2-3. I took advice that was given in this discussion and BOOM success.

Thanks again everyone for you help on this. I’ll post a YouTube clip sometime soon.

congrats!

Still working on rancid milk. So much goin on.