What trick are you working on?

Dude, I have been going for almost two years and I still can’t get the hang of Magic Drop. I have the same problem you have.

Try turning your TH slightly outward (rotate so your palm faces slightly up) as the yoyo swings under and over your TH. Helps with the rejection. Hope this helps all.

Thanks… I’ve tried a few different hand positions, but none that I tried seemed to improve consistency or hit percentage. Would you be interested in doing a quick video tutorial?

It’s all about the toss, hand movement, string placement, etc.

You just have to do every piece of it right to make it happen. If one single part doesn’t occur, it won’t work. :frowning:

Making my own combo using completely original moves, having trouble making something totally new. And lots of moves seem repeated in my combos, ugh frustrating

I wouldn’t say “working on” since it’s a pretty basic trick, but yeah… I’m working on Ryan Gee’s Y-Iso. I can’t seem to get the yoyo to not spin out (die) on me. :slight_smile:

Would you mind elaborating on what aspects each of these elements require to get it consistently? (Maybe in one of the recent Magic Drop threads)

A combo from Triple Or Nothing.

Road Runner - string trick http://juggling.tv/15139.

I’ve been working on getting what I already know better. Been going for two and half months now. But feels like so much longer when you practice every day. I’m up to the advanced part 2 in the yye tutorials. Also started working on spirit bomb and suicide as they both looked fun.

Plugging away at Yuuki slack, slowly getting better at it. I think I’m going to move on and pick up Spirit Bomb as I can already do a wrist mount pretty good…just need to see where to go from there.

I’m really enjoying spirit bombs. Still have a lot of practice with it though. But enjoying it.

horizontal slap bind.

Most definitely a fun trick, just sat down and watched Andre’s video to get through part 1. Decided to strap on the GoPro and do some first person view video and practice, so that way I can review afterwards what I could be doing wrong… Which in this case getting the yoyo to land on the string after the Kwijibo maneuver (I’ve got a pretty good Kwijibo down, at least the crossing the arms and flip). Knowing that I’m being recorded kind of helps give the feeling of pressure, as though if I had people watching me as in the end, you all will see :slight_smile:

What will be a painful reminder to not screw up is having to constantly stop the yoyo afterwards and undo a potential knot, or slipping and actually landing in a tighter knot I have to stop and untie.

Here’s my progress and actually one of my first attempts doing this trick. Not bad for some first tries :slight_smile:

Whatcha doin’ with your fingers there? The hop manoevers don’t require you to shift the way your throwhand is holding the strings. Shouldn’t be any pinches going on.

If you haven’t seen a top-down of Spirit Bomb, here’s a “supplemental” video I made for somebody a while ago. Not meant to replace the tutorials, just add to them. :wink:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OPgnap3YMM)

2 Likes

We should exchange tips and help at the BAC.  The kwijibo part of spirit bomb is what is giving me trouble. But can’t wait to pull it off completely.

Sounds like a solid plan!

This may help.  I was trying to troubleshoot a new players’ technique a few days ago on the Spirit Bomb.  This is out on Google+ Google Workspace Updates: New community features for Google Chat and an update on Currents .  It is the post that titled Spirit Bomb a couple of ideas. I took footage of his attempts at the trick and slowed down the footage then filmed a few possible solutions.

Then here is a link to my Spirit Bomb tutorial.  This is one of my early videos. Good luck on landing the trick.

Thank you, ill take a look at the link and see it it helps.

Sounds good the person I put together the G+ video just posted this:

It’s helping. I landed it twice last night. I just need to spend a couple of hours of practice time while reviewing your tips. Thank you again for all the effort you put into your response video.

I’m hoping the video may work for other players

https://plus.google.com/communities/109286579716354732032?hl=en.

1 Like