What trick are you working on?

Oh chopstick suicide
you so silly

1 Like

How dare you

1 Like

I’m trying out double and triple Ninja Vanish. Can hit the double, but not consistently, and I think I’m starting to get triple a bit better, but still haven’t landed one yet.

1 Like

Just successfully pulled off Buddhas Revenge several times ;D ;D Took me days to get the mount down ;D ;D ;D

1 Like

You might want to put this in the “I finally landed it!” thread
Not here

1 Like

Your favorite yoyo is the Summit and you can’t even do Buddha’s Revenge?

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but why do people buy expensive yoyos if they can’t even do the intermediate tricks?

1 Like

Same reason women buy expensive cars and can’t drive… :-X :-*

3 Likes

Some of us prefer learning using nicer tools. If money is not a blocker, why buy a surge if you can afford a summit? I would argue my Sturm Panzer Stealth Ogre is the best yoyo I have for learning new tricks. Much easier than the classic.

1 Like

lol i was thinking the same thing myself when I saw that

1 Like

Im guessing its so when they become advanced they dont have to upgrade.

1 Like

Suicide, I can catch the rope with my hand but I can’t just pass my finger into the hole

Edit: also plastic whip

1 Like

Rope?

3 Likes

Working on Jensen Kimmit GT. My first arm trick! Any tips?

1 Like

Practice

1 Like

Island Hops.

I can do all the parts separate, but can’t put them together

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been doing. But thanks for stating the obvious. Any real tips?

1 Like

You don’t know how much it annoys me when people call string “rope”… :wink:

2 Likes

Working on currently:

• Laceration Wrist Mount (Thanks Nathan Martsolf!)
  • Shoot the Moon
  • Trapeze Follow (I “finally landed it” but I’m working on getting it looking nicer… my wife’s comment when I gave her a “check it out!” was “I can see how that would look good.” )
  • I Be A Minute GT
  • Follow Into Dat Triangle
  • Slap Binds (I just don’t get it)… following StrippedAxle’s excellent tutorial and it still eludes me.
1 Like

^ I’ve just looked at Trapeze Follow, and it’s much harder than it looks. The swinging motion of the yoyo is very odd… And that “I be a minute GT” looks so good! Really rewarding to do correctly.

2 Likes

Yup. Trapeze Follow is a hard one. The “pinch and release” started to feel right for me after 2 weeks of occasional (non-focused) practice. But now the “follow” part is not quite where it needs to be; I’m not creating the visual magic that happens when you do the trick perfectly.

I’ve landed that first cross-arms “yoyo on a tiny string segment” part a few times (with the incomplete ninja vanish move that goes with it), but I get all giddy that I’ve pulled it off and I screw up the “flipping around” part that comes next. :wink:

1 Like