What trick are you working on?

Started working on Bouncy Castle.

Tough trick to learn. Often having a hard time figuring out exactly how to do it. And not a lot of tutorials on that one it seems. I think I can get about a third of the way in…and then I get my string in a knot pretty much every time.

4 Likes

I am going through Nate Martsolf’s YTs (Nathan & Nate) extracting bits and pieces here and there. Stealing err borrowing ideas. Borrowing a new idea, and trying to make my own tricks which include the new to me element.

3 Likes

I’m working on Soh-Cah-Toa triangle. I’ve got the first and second hops down, but, the last hop is still elusive

5 Likes

I’m always working on refining a few things at any given time… right now I’m trying to focus on getting that little whip part that comes at the end of Supercharger and Monochrome. I’m not used to doing whips with my non-throw hand.

2 Likes

Trying to master the Finger Spins right now. Of course have to learn that first!

2 Likes

Brent Stole is the bane of my life. But on the other hand. After practising it for like a week…I thought I’d try a double whip around before landing it (just for giggles…thinking this’ll never work and show me how impossible it is)…

And you’ll never guess…It landed first attempt. I ended up landing it twice more within the next 5 minutes. So it’s not a complete fluke. But it’ll take a lot of practise before I’ll consider having “learned” that trick.

Then I told someone and they went “Brent Stole is the easy one…Double whip Hook is the hard one” so I have that a try…and also landed it.

I’ll probably be working on both for weeks though. Especially since I’m still trying to get my regular Brent Stole consistent.

5 Likes

Makin da zines variation repeater

4 Likes

Had to go back a few rungs on the ladder because I just realized I was doing McBride Rollercoaster wrong (left out a couple of small things that made it quite a bit easier). So, late night for me…

2 Likes

I’ve decided that I need to learn snap start.

6 Likes

:weary:this trick is so annoying, but I have half done already so lets go! Elevator picture combo - yoyo tutorial - YouTube

2 Likes

Just got Bonesplint down, working on making it smooth and adding flair. A-rt tutorial

2 Likes

Beef Hook.
I’ve landed it a couple of times but it’s so inconsistent.

Just saw @Theycallmecotton posted a video on the YT.

Makes it look so easy.

My jealousy is pretty huge right now… :grin:

I’ll get back to practicing now.

kgb

5 Likes

Beefhook is so hard :laughing: I cant land it yet, gotta get better with hooks first.

3 Likes

I learned a trick to make it easy. I’ll make a tip video

7 Likes

That would be very cool.
Thanks

kgb

2 Likes

Finally, slowly getting a handle I yuuki slack. Been trying for months off and on. Actually landed it right once today.

2 Likes

Keep trying man!

1 Like

Instant one-handed GT stall from forward pass. Little flippy dip as well. Getting smoother!

11 Likes

I’m currently trying to work my way through some of the mrmatio tutorials on YouTube. He’s got some really amazing stuff from some of my favorite players.

2 Likes

Matio makes my favorite tutorials. I love his presentation and longer combos from well known players.

4 Likes