What to look for in a begginner yoyo ?

So we have all been there right ?

Just starting out with yoyoing and utterly clueless about choosing our first yoyo.
Its only after you have been in the game for a while that you begin to understand what
yoyo could have helped you as a beginner.

So this is just my opinion on what makes a good beginner yoyo.

What was your first yoyo ? Would you still get it again if you had the chance ?

1 Like

My first throw was the Classic, and Iā€™d get one again in a heartbeat. Still occasionally throw it also, but right now itā€™s on loan to my cousin to hopefully get him into it!

AMAZING SPIN TIME LOL. Not really look for good price and something that can grow with you I recommend a dm2

First was a duncan butterfly, first ā€˜realā€™ yoyo was a speed dial. Wish the classic was around back then :frowning:

what is a ā€˜realā€™ yoyo?
is the duncan butterfly not a real yoyo?
I do believe on performance yoyo though.

what to look on beginner yoyo? fun factor!

I just picked up the game almost a month ago. I went to my local Toys Rā€™ Us and bought a 20 dollar Yomega that I thought looked cool. I learned the basic sleeper with it. I realized itā€™s masking my suckiness because none of my throws were straight. I went a bought a Brain and I also got a Raider because it was very cheap.

If I were to start over, Iā€™ll get a Brain and a Raider. Once Iā€™m good with sleepers, breakaways, and forward passes, Iā€™ll move to the Raider. Iā€™ll also get a finger wrap, a pair of cotton gloves, lube, and a set of soft, thin strings. (I ripped the Brainā€™s strings FAST.)