What to call a Bimetal Ti?

I have seen lots of people use these 2 words for Titanium Bimetals, just wondering which you prefer and which I should be using/what is proper.

• Bitanium
  • TISS

0 voters

1 Like

Depends on the metals involved. If it’s ti with stainless steel then tiss, if it’s ti with a different metal something else.

TISS is an actual yoyo name.

2 Likes

Well, isn’t the correct term still bi metal?

5 Likes

Yeah but if you call a yo-yo bi-metal, people won’t think titanium, they will think aluminum.

I would think that if the people making them actually wanted to sell them; they would would be proactive and tell everybody the specs around the same time as pics of the yo-yos might be available.
If I have to guess what the maker won’t supply; he doesn’t want me to buy the yoyo.
When I hear bi-metal; I don’t immediately think of aluminum. I expect the Manufacturer to sell me on the product by giving me adequate information to consider.

5 Likes

I usually say bitanium, but they’re interchangeable for me

Or BiTi

for me, Ti-SS is when it’s titanium with stainless steel rims. Bi-tanium is when they got a metal body with Ti rims, like a TiPOWER for example.

But if it’s Ti and they got other rims, ima go with bi-tanium for that but that rare tho

1 Like

but people call the Ti Hummingbird BTM

Jeffrey called one of his yo-yos a BTM before the Hummingbird yoyo existed🤔

Ah yes I forgot that, this adds to my point.

hybrid

Out of my budget is a good name

9 Likes

Howz about a bi-metal yoyo?? :hushed:

Wow; look at this. A semi spherical mass of Metamorphic material! A shale like sedimentary clump. I see a little marble, anthracite, soapstone and possibly shist.

It seems to have a particular density consistent with similar objects I have occasionally stumbled over as I walked through the wilderness.

What should we call it?

Well; most of the people I know; call em Rocks.

:nerd_face:

Sure, if you want to get technical… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

BiTitanium

Ti-SS for titanium
A-SS for aluminium

8 Likes

Lmao

Just bi-metal, and then you mention the metals involved. It is the same with Al yoyos. You usually say which grade Al makes up the base (if not specified assume 6061 since it is the standard), and then the rims could either be SS, brass, titanium, and whatever else metal they use. Titanium is still a metal, unlike plastic, which is why plastics with metal rims can’t rightfully be called bi-metal.

1 Like