What Tiny Treasure do you have?

I’m only taking a stab in the dark on this…but I’m thinking it might be a custom painted Chameleon? Would love to know the story behind this thing @codinghorror :slight_smile: Who painted it up for you?

3 Likes

I have this problem with a lot of things. I’m 6’4" and I’ve got big ole hands. The only time it’s come in handy (for any practical reason) is when the Original Xbox came out and had those massive controllers.

2 Likes

Its great when youre at the salad bar too. You should see the pile of bacon bits i can grab in one go with one of the meat hooks. You can tell its a shocking amount by the looks on everyone else’s face. That and back in high school when i was a pimp. You can smack like 6 ho… “employees” at once with one of these things.

5 Likes

Did someone say tiny treasures?

24 Likes

You have a Shuriken! Does it still play well?

3 Likes

Yes the shuriken plays amazing. I don’t like dif pads too much so I use core co. Pink pads in it and my luchador. I like more grip.

5 Likes

I love small throws. I’m still missing a few of the 66%. I’ll get them eventually.

3 Likes

What a collection! Do you have a favorite?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily say I have a favorite. Different throws mean different things to me.
What I mean by this is some are more sentimental, some play fantastic for how small they are and some are just really fun to throw around.

3 Likes

Do any stand out for how they play given their size? Must be quite entertaining comparing each throw with such an extensive collection!

2 Likes

This yoyo is really sentimental because my daughter and I made this together with a hole saw, old wood and a wooden dowl. We then glued sheet metal to the outside to give it weight. Cost nothing but the time together was awesome.

17 Likes

The ones that stand out to me are the shuriken, aoda littles and OD clique. The others play well too but I think the weight is something that must be right for a smaller throw to play well. Too light the spin/stability will be terrible. Too heavy it feels like a rock on a string with a heavy thud at the bottom.

4 Likes

I find the Boss to be perfect. The Heist is way smaller than Popstar but the small bearing and weight of the Heist makes it so much better. I think Popstar would be way better with a smaller bearing.

4 Likes

Very interesting, thanks! That’s exactly what I was looking for. And certainly nothing beats making something yourself, especially with your kids. Looked like a fun project!

2 Likes

12 Likes

Masamini 2! By far the best performing mini yoyo ever to grace the face of this earth.

6 Likes

New addition to the tiny throw family, the Masamini 2.0. Father and son… Masamini and Jr (it’s brother in dark gray will be arriving in a few days) :slight_smile: (OG masamini shown for size comparison)

8 Likes

I felt like uodating my mini collection. Since last year I’ve added 66% to my collecton and i enjoy all 3.

14 Likes

I’ve tried/owned a ton of mini/undersized yoyos over the years, but the Executive by @DocPop and Ernest Kahn is hands down my favorite.

7 Likes

Mine is the Ministar 2. Can’t recommend it enough to people.

2 Likes