What Tiny Treasure do you have?

Aida Littles.
He’s cotching with the current circulation. But it’s always present on the shelf because of its size.
Nickel coated brass apparently, so its a budget premium mini.
Mind blowing gem :slightly_smiling_face:
Loved this thread!

11 Likes

Where are we drawing the line between undersized and tiny? I saw someone bring up the mini star 2, which I think toes that line, but it is one of my favorites of all time. If the mini star gets in I’ll honorable mention a fallen angel, fine little yoyo as well. Otherwise masaminis and hashtags are the 2 I gravitate toward.

2 Likes

Dr Smalls!!

11 Likes

OD M1, TK pocket rocket, and my homemade little “pocket change” yo-yo are the smallest I have.

11 Likes

I love that “pocket change” yoyo, every time I see a picture of it I think it’s awesome!

1 Like

Thank you. It’s surprisingly fun to play with even though it only sleeps for 2 seconds, just barely enough for a around the world. But just throwing it, up and down is fun to me.

2 Likes

For me, undersized/mini is strictly 40 < diameter < 50. Tiny would be anything 40mm and under in diameter. There’s also the question of width and for me the diameter to width ratio should be mostly be like a normal yoyo which is equal to or more than 1.2 for undersized yoyos. I would hardly consider the qubit to be an undersized yoyo due to its ridiculous width. Tiny yoyos don’t qualify as they are still tiny even with a 1:1 diameter to width ratio, like the Loonie American Edition.

Since someone brought up the executive, which I consider undersized, I also brought up the mini star 2 as it is in the same category haha. I think the executive is pretty unstable for it’s size though and yoyos like the heist beat it in stability.

If we are talking about tiny yoyos, my favourite has to be the YYF Heist. Now if I can only find another 2 of them. @yyfben2.deactivated why not make more heists?

3 Likes

I’d buy one too. They look cool and everyone says they play very well.

1 Like

Exactly, we need @yyfben2.deactivated to make more! Plus they are USA made, everyone’s favourite right?

1 Like

The Pocket Change 2. 40mm diameter. 38-39ish grams. I think it’s maple and walnut, from the scrap bin at the wood shop. I added brass washers for a little extra weight. They do play better than the first one but don’t sleep for long. Maybe 5-6 seconds. I’m assuming from the weight and size.

15 Likes

I don’t know if these would be considered tiny, but they are small, and treasures.
From left to right, YYF lowerKase, Fallen Angel, and Dressel Designs Assassin.

14 Likes

I love my FA, how do you compare the lowercase to it? a small SS Dbearing sounds cool

1 Like

I don’t mean to butt in, but the Lowerkase is a C bearing.
The Dressel Designs Assassin is a D bearing, though (and an absolute banger of a throw).

1 Like

So I can talk about feel of a throw, but not so much how it plays because I suck at throwing still.

Lowerkase gives me that heafty thunk at the end of the string when I throw it, it’s got an in between an O and H shape body, and with string clocks in at 67 grams.

and the Fallen angel doesn’t feel as heavy, there’s no thunk, I guess I would describe it as floaty but here’s the thing it’s only 7 grams lower at 61 grams total with string.

I don’t know or can tell you if that makes a major difference because I’m not a pro thrower, so my hands are up in the air with being able to tell a major differences.

Both take up string pretty well in their respective gaps and I don’t really ever hit snags or major slowdowns with lots of wraps.

Overall, if you’re looking for a heavy, but small sized throw, Lowerkase, if you’re looking for floaty in between then Fallen Angel and if you’re looking for what feels very light weight then Dressel Design Assassin is your throw.

2 Likes

Wait a minute. Those weights are very off. The fallen angel weighs 60.5g and the lowerKase weighs 66g.

oof, then I think my scale is broken lol.

Ok, not broken, I think I just tared it while something was on it?

Sorry about that, I was being dumb with the scale and didn’t think anything of it lol.

Fixed*

3 Likes

The lowerKase is much heavier than the fallen angel and hence plays much heavier. It doesn’t move as easily as the fallen angel and requires much more strength. The lowerKase is also less stable due to it’s mono metal construction and it’s weight distribution. However, the profile is much more catchable and it is wider than the fallen angel, making it much better for more difficult tricks like horizontal.

Overall I prefer the fallen angel to it but for only $30, the lowerKase is one of the best undersized out there. You won’t find an undersized steel yoyo for anywhere near the price of a lowerKase. I’ll say it’s good for it’s value but if you have a fallen angel, it’s not much you are missing out on (if you’re like me and prefer fast and nimble yoyos).

2 Likes

yea the FA is just so good

1 Like

How do those tiny Imperials play? I’m trying to get something that my 4 year old can use. She already broke one of my fixed axle woods so I’m going to start cheap and very light and responsive.

2 Likes

I came across this video sometime back. I hope this helps

3 Likes