What the hell, Zipline?! What. The. Hell

I picked up a Honey Badger on a bit of a whim, not expecting that much from it. But wow… it is really good. So good I feel embarrassed for my other yo-yos. All other throws seem to trade off speed/power/comfort/price. Honey Badger somehow does all of them. And it’s 6061. I feel like there must be a catch somewhere… did I sign away my soul when I agreed to the T&Cs on the website?

I bought another much hyped yoyo recently and was low-key disappointed (not naming it to avoid a controversy, as everyone else seems to love it). This has totally cured the blues associated with that.

22 Likes

:rofl::rofl:yeah some yoyos just have that it factor. A lot of throws available makes it easy to overlook a lot of really great yoyos. Glad you found one that meshes with you.

Never tried the honeybadger, but ill continue with this idea for the goldenhour yoyos Ridgeline. It is very very good!

5 Likes

The atmos thunderberry had the same effect on me. Completely captivated me and changed the way I look at yoyos for the better. Atmos has really set the standard for everything I want in a yoyo.

7 Likes

I have a Cloudberry which I also have big big love for. But it’s 7068 and didn’t cost $50, so I guess I had high expectations and so it was less of a shock.

@hobbygod That’s a great tip, not even heard of Ridgeline. Might have to check them out.

In other news, Honey Badger bit me on the knuckles this evening, but I forgave him already, I just can’t help it.

5 Likes

Lol I did the same thing. My badger drew some blood. Still a great yoyo

5 Likes

Yes! I was on the fence about getting a Honey Badger but decided to give it a chance. I love mine… plays and feels so good, especially for its price. My new EDC for sure :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

LOOOOVE my honey badger. The slate teal is absolutely dope, the finish is slick and it’s glass smooth. It’s undersized which is my favorite kind of yoyo but I feel like I can do anything with it. It makes all my tricks better, and I’ve only been yoyoing for 3 months. Zipline knocked it out of the park.

5 Likes

Ain’t no honey badger like a Tennessee honey badger.

7 Likes

The Ridgeline is amazing, as is the Submerged from the same company

3 Likes

Golden Hour have done a fantastic job of the photos on their website, but they could really do with a straight profile shot of each of their yoyos. I’m struggling to figure out exactly what shape the Ridgeline is from all the arty-angle-work.

4 Likes

A chill looking 7075 with dope ridges and a smooth fade for 50 bucks? Sign me up, I just ordered one. Thanks for the recommendation.

4 Likes

Their insta has a ton of photos

2 Likes

My pleasure! A buddy of mine actually designed it, and he said he used a mathematical equation to create the ridges. Pretty cool if you ask me!!

4 Likes

Makes it even cooler! Oh while we’re on the topic of underrated I don’t see a ton of talk about the Elysium, I own a B grade Earth and it’s my favorite organic I’ve ever felt. You did a great job designing that one!

2 Likes

Thank you man! Elysium is very nice, just think the price mightve turned some people away

2 Likes

I thought the same thing. The honey Badger might be the smoothest throw I have. Period.

2 Likes

A little late here, but that Honey Badger is so stable. It’s like it’s magnetically attracted to the string!

5 Likes

Never too late to say something good about the Honey Badger. It still makes me smile every time I pick it up.

3 Likes