What the heck?

Okay, so I’m at the end of Advanced One, and I can’t bind anymore! I used to bind so well, and all of a sudden, I can’t bind anymore! WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING. My K-Pads are still new, I just replaced my string. What is up? Either I cant bind or I can, and whenever I can, It gets a knot or something around the bearing and won’t go down but instead comes right back up and hurts. I have tried using a bigger loop or a smaller loop, everything. Please help, I don’t know why this is happening!

K-pads tend to be slippy at times. i just had to used my yoyo a little more and they were fine.

1 Like

If your slipping binds with your dv888 I HIGHLY recommend siling it

It’s with my dv888 and my 888.

maybe your just having a bad day it happens to me every know and again where i can’t land anything.

It’s been going on for like 3-5 days now, I just finally decided to make this post.

man must suck i went 2 weeks without landing double whip and i got so mad becuase it’s such an easy trick. so just keep trying

I have been. Any tips?

maybe pinch the string and yank with your throw hand.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try it right now.

any luck?

It failed 2/3 times. When I say fail I mean either it didn’t come up, or it came up and then it knoted after I threw it again. And when you open your dv888 then screw it back together, does it make a loud squeaky noise, and then vibrate as you twist the wings back together?

Not sure if this would work but replace the string with a new one?

I just did. Look at my post just before yours. Can you answer that question?

i don’t think so,wish i could help maybe lock tight?

Bolded area happened to me just lube it and it should be fine.

Hm… very weird.

yeah thick lube will make it more responsive.

My 888 squeaks when I screw it back together, this is considered normal - Ben mentioned that they deliberately make their bearing seats very tight. But that second sentence doesn’t sound right, re: the vibe. Is the bearing seating all the way down on both bearing seats, maybe something got under it?? (piece of thread from the string, or chunk of pad, or carpet fuzz, etc.)??

1 Like

Try pulling the loop of 2 strings larger when you bind, and make sure you really pull that loop into the gap of the yoyo, as opposed to just dropping it into it. Those 2 factors can really affect your bind.

Those yoyo’s have huge gaps, and once the K-pads wear down you probably just need to adjust.

If you really think there’s an issue with the response, Sili one of them and see if that fixes everything.

1 Like