What should I do?

So basically this is the situation I’m in:

My girlfriend’s ex is harassing me and her both over texts and verbally. Tomorrow we are going to talk to the school counselor about it. She has saved all the texts that he has sent to her since it has started. It has been going on for about 3 weeks. We don’t know what to do if going to the school counselor doesn’t stop him.

He has also said that he wants to see me suffering and moping around like my life is over and that he wants to punch me. I really don’t want to get involved in any fights with him.

So, I am asking you guys because I know you guys are always very helpful to everyone. So please help me with this difficult situation that I’m in.

Thanks in advance - DByoyoer

The more you ignore it and don’t do anything makes him think that it’s not getting to you. He
'll get bored with it and move on. OR it will make him even more mad. I say leave it be and ignore it all. eventually he’ll stop.

1 Like

Have you taken it to your folks? They could and would help.

1 Like

If any threats are involved I’m sure the police would do something about it. I hope it gets worked out, I’ve been in his situation before also, and it ends up working itself out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go to the counselor as you have planned and if that doesn’t work move to the principle and then to the police. Harassment is serious and can escalate into a much larger problem. Tell your parents about it so that there are adults involved and who can speak on your behalf as well as give you moral support in this situation. Don’t ignore it, don’t think it will just stop. The sooner you act on this the better for you and the less you will have to endure.

1 Like

Thanks you guys.

We talked to the counselor today and she talked to him and he said he would stop but she says if he starts again go to her right away and then it will be taken to the principle. I’ll talk to my mom about it when she comes home later tonight.

You can call the cops :P. Cheap, easy, and effective.

Dude, you’re 14.

But back on top, either ignore him or confront him. I would personally confront him and tell him to stop, but if you don’t want to take that option, ignore him and talk to an adult or official.