What should I do? (Shoysauce)

Why won’t calling his house do any good? Maybe talk to his parents?

Because he’s giving them back to those who have emailed him. He gave maranellokid back the ones he scammed from him an gave back a kids code1 today. If you want yours back, emailing him is the way to do it

I had no trade with him. My thoughts are that letting his parents know what he’s done may facilitate a speedier resolution. Per his posts in this thread he’s not due any favors in my opinion.

"If you defraud someone through the mail by not sending the agreed upon items in your contract then you commit US Mail Fraud which is a federal crime. If committed, Title 18, Section 1341 of US Law dictates that a sentence of no more than 5 years in prison and 1984 Criminal Fine Enhancement Act allows the addition of no more than $100,000 as a fine. It’s a pretty serious (and easy to prove) crime and anyone who commits it is just stupid or desperate.

If someone commits mail fraud against you, just go to the US Postal Service website and file the fraud, answer the questions, and let them know your contract was struck on a forum in the comment section. It’s not like they won’t prosecute the guy/girl. You have their address.

After you leave an offer in someone’s trade thread or they leave one in yours, take your offers to PM. Once Physical addresses are exchanged, the contract is sealed. I also suggest getting (and testing) their email to help with communication if they don’t sign in for a few days.

Proving the mail fraud is extremely easy. When they leave you their name and address, that’s a binding contract. You can produce the PMs, which exist on forumotion’s server and are thus unbiased evidence. This shows the contract actually exists. The mail service then just has to check if anything has been sent to that person’s address or not. Like I said, it’d be massively stupid to commit this crime".

-Credits go to Alice of another forum

Mail fraud is, indeed, a felony, and one that the USPS takes seriously. I think calling his parents and explaining the situation would be a good first step – and also a generous one, given the potential ramifications of someone filing charges against him.

I understand, it would be quite drastic; I am simply putting that out there to inform individuals ahem shoysauce ahem how serious of an issue this is and how it shouldn’t be taken lightly. And how he definitely shouldn’t flaunt his illegal actions and continue to say he will continue to go about doing illegal activities. He could, as stated, be charged very large amounts of money and/or be put into prison. Even at 10 years old his blatant ignorance and arrogance is astounding.

I was gonna wait to do this, but given the propensity he’s shown for causing problems, b.cohen has also been given a vacation from the forums. The offense? Being shoysauce. No wonder he thinks it’s such a terrible idea to contact his parents … ::slight_smile:

In all seriousness, folks, it’s great that yoyoavenger is trying to help behind the scenes, but if any of you have his home number, a call to his folks might work wonders. I really hope this situation gets resolved for everyone.

Dramatic turn of events. Its not like I suspected that or anything (heavy sarcasm). But how did you find that out for sure?

I know right? André gives the moderators a set of magic ruins for detecting such things. :wink: It also helps to be able to cross check IP addresses and see login records.

PWND

Now that was a turn of events. 24 replies to this subject in one day. Shoysauce is like " awh yeah ill give you all your throws back" then hes like “**** it im gonna scam you all again!”

lol, I told you guys it was BS. Just file a fraud if you don’t get your items. Imagine the same case from 6 people.

Guys, I as well know shoysauce and he is saying that if people call his home (no parents at his address) he will stop giving them back. the only.action we need to take to resolve this issue is have those who he scammed email him and get back their throws. Its as simple as that

Guys do not call his home phone number. He says he will not ship the said packages if we do. I as well as other want the yoyos back into the hands of their owners, lets just calm down and let this get resolved.

So now he’s threatening not to send back packages if his parents are told? I think he should be thinking the other way around; he should send back yoyos and then make the forum promise not to call his parents. That’s what I’d do. I mean, this is a felony…

I don’t think sticking up for someone who has admittedly pilfered is in order. Let those involved deal with it as they will. I being the father of child in this age bracket would personally like to know that my child had been involved. That is me. I do not support being on either side of this. I think our friend is afraid of the consequences here (rightfully so, parental or otherwise). I would hope you receive your items back in fair condition and maybe compensated your outgoing shipping cost. So handle your own situation as you wish grounds to do any of the above mentioned are there. Once again good luck in your retrieval of your throws.

True, I guess he deserves the consequences but according to him, if we call we won’t get our throws back

Okay guys. Since I am a DC yoyoer I felt it was my responsibility to help.resolve this. I decided to.actually take action and call his parents. I explained.the situation to them and they told Mr their son told them yesterday and that they are helping him send the throws back. He has also been grounded and in some other trouble which is fitting. To adress YoCyanightYo, send shoysauce an email or call him at 3018019905 and his parent and him will get you your throw back. The issue is over. Its resolved. You guys were right, calling his parents was the right thing to do

This is all true, but keep in mind that your claim of fraud will go to the bottom of the pile as major fraud claims worth thousands come in to the postal inspectors. Don’t expect a lot out of this option.

He scammed approximately 1,000 dollars worth of yoyos and we have 6 people complaining so hey, ya never know.