What’s your most “FUN” yoyo to throw?

imma say dk

2 Likes

BapeZilla and my Lilith.

1 Like

Quick preface: I really hate the term ‘fun’ to be antithetical of the word performance. Performance yoyos are also fun. Using fun as the antithesis of performance is wrong. I know saddening isn’t right either but we can def do better. Let’s go with flobidybob or something

Anyway. If I’m not looking for high performance or I’m looking to be challenged I have a lot of choices. Usually I got for a plastic though since I get a lot of enjoyment out of those.

Sorry that the preface turned out longer than the reply to the OP

6 Likes

I only keep yoyos I have fun with since that’s what I am looking for out of yoyoing. With that though my bape2 Grail and wasabi always make me smile.

3 Likes

This is a trick question because all YoYo can be fun, that is their purpose. More fun then others, now you are being subjective and that steals from the innocence of what fun is. Keep playing more yoyos :metal:

Same. People act like only certain yoyos can be fun. idk what’s up with that.

Someone already mentioned but i think that all my yoyos are fun. I think it would be really hard to find a proper yoyo that’s not fun. I have the same amount of fun using Onestar, Nightmare, Gauntlet, Butterfly and Orphan. It depends on what i want to play atm.

3 Likes

The bapzilla is a fun Yoyo.

1 Like

Too many different fun throws…Edge Beyond, Edge, KC Agent Tantalizing, Cabal…

Been getting into modern responsive lately, and really digging the deep state (I have it dialed in for the right amount of response via extra wraps)…and been having some fun with a Butterfly XT.

2 Likes

All throws are “fun” to throw however some throws just seem to be effortless at enabling the “fun”. Sure I can do all my tricks on any throw in the case but some throws just seem to get me into the “State of yo” just that must faster and not every throw will do that. Jmtc. Just thought this needed to be said.

5 Likes

I’ve been wanting to pickup a deep state. I really like slim yoyos. Can you play non responsive as well?

Thanks.
Jeffrey

4 Likes

The deep state is intended for semi-responsive play. The gap is too narrow for many types of unresponsive tricks.

2 Likes

Another fun one is the SF DLRN

1 Like

I know many have it before, all decent yoyos sbould be fun. I agree, all mine are fun, but there are some that certainly more fun than others. Interestingly, what is most fun for me changes all the time.

Sometimes when I get a new yoyo, it becomes my “most fun” yoyo. Most fun can be so many different things to different people. A certain feeling one gets, the ability to hit every trick easily, for some its the most challenging to hit tricks on. Sometimes, it’s one that has been sitting for a while and I pick it back up.

To answer the question today, currently it is my DocPop Icarus. I haven’t had it for a long time, but it is not my newest throw. But I keep going back to it, I love it. It looks great and feels great, and I hit all my tricks well.

3 Likes

Icarus is probably the “most fun” fingerspin design in my collection too!

2 Likes

Right now mine would be that En Passant you sold me! I love the way this thing feels and sounds. Its loud but I love it!

1 Like

It’s semi unresponsive, I guess you could clean the bearing out or put in a clean/dry bearing and challenge yourself to some extent. I triple wrapped my string to get that sweet spot of responsiveness I was after, can still (very carefully) do a kwijibo yet can shoot the moon pretty reliably.

My unresponsive Maverick. Somehow it can handle all my tricks, and I can even manage fingerspins on it!